Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First gold ring

artman60

Not sure if this is the proper thread to put this, but I found my first gold ring today. I bought my AT Pro in January and have only used it 4 times ( I split detecting with an Excall at the beach) found it at one of the towns fields, where I live. I'm gonna try to post a picture. It is not a large, special, or spectacular ring in any way, except it's my first. A womans, size 7, 10 K, Claddaugh ring. Artie

It was a steady 46, on forward and backward swings, maybe 4 inches down. Wife has already put her dibs on it. Artie

Very nice find. You have to be careful telling your wife about your jewelry finds or she will claim all of them even if they don't fit

Always nice one to remember the first.
Congrats on that gold.

Nice gold ring, Artie! A lot of people would have missed out by not digging that signal.

artman,
I want to be the one to tell it is a spectacular ring. Repeat after me - gold is good, gold is good. Congratulations on your first gold find, many more to come. Women's size 7, that's your wife's size, right? She won't mind you going out hunting now. Practice up those happy dances.

You really have to dig those 40's, actually darn near everything above iron if you want a chance at small gold items.

WTG, Artman.....Congrats on the first gold ring! An accomplishment only to be multiplied this summer..GL

I appreciate all the support, thank you. This field is used for soccer, lacrosse, I believe field hockey, and is where the town gathers on the Saturday after the Fourth of July , for the fireworks. So far what I've found to be a bigger bane than pull tabs is those round foil covers from the cream you get at Dunkins, or whatever your local coffee shop is. it rings in at a rock steady 43 almost always, I dug 20 of them tonight. Found 13 coins for $1.15 and a braclet thingy that came in at a 72, Magnet doesn't stick to it, but I don't think it's gold or silver. In two hours I only made it 3/4 of the way across the field and back. I may not be going anywhere else ( other than my favorite, the beach) for a long time. Artie

Very nice. Once you get that first ring, they just keep coming.

Good luck and congratulations on the gold, the first of many.

After we got home from our Mothers Day visits today, there was about an hour or so of daylight left. I asked the Missus if I could go back to the field MD'ing, and she said yes (that's why I love her). I found 3 dimes, 1 nickel. 4 pennies, and my second gold ring in 15 days. It came in at a solid 45, and the only way I can describe the midtone sound it made, was pure. It has a AM-6 and a 14 K stamped on the inside. I'm guessing the AM-6 is the size. I might have to play Powerball the way my luck is running. Artie

oops, second photo shoulda been this one (I got too excited) Artie