Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Gold Ring

Okierick

Found my first gold ring with the Deus, hunting a football / soccer field. Also found a cuff bracelet, which may be gold, what looks like a gold charm, a silver charm, and over $12 in clad. Finding so many pennies that I eventually notched out a small range, for just the pennies. The Deus has me digging most signals, and using sound primarily. Don't expect I'll be missing many rings. Definitely a change from my M6, where I seem to watch the screen like a hawk, and pick and choose what I dig. Not a bad day.

That is a fine score and with this, "The Deus has me digging most signals, and using sound primarily. Don't expect I'll be missing many rings." you've touched upon the greatest advantage of the Deus.

Okierick said:
Found my first gold ring with the Deus, hunting a football / soccer field. Also found a cuff bracelet, which may be gold, what looks like a gold charm, a silver charm, and over $12 in clad. Finding so many pennies that I eventually notched out a small range, for just the pennies. The Deus has me digging most signals, and using sound primarily. Don't expect I'll be missing many rings. Definitely a change from my M6, where I seem to watch the screen like a hawk, and pick and choose what I dig. Not a bad day.

Nice ring. Congrats! "Finding so many pennies that I eventually notched out a small range, for just the pennies." I'm afraid to notch out pennies because I may miss some gold. The last gold ring I found came in at 86, using 18 kHz, and that's right in the zinc penny wheel house!

That is a stunning ring for sure,but notching out things can sometimes not be be a good move,a classic example would be if one notched out say foil over here in the UK that would also have the downside of notching out almost all our very old silver hammered coins as they both come in the same range.

I personally use as little discrimination as possible but never notch,infact notching is used mainly in the US,much prefer to dig all signals even if they are 'iffy' ones that way you dont stand the chance of passing over wohat could be a find of a lifetime.

Operating at 18 kHz today, notching nothing. Even a squirrel sometimes finds a nut.

That is a stunning piece of jewelry--is it in danger of being commandeered by your significant other? :)

I'm guessing the stone is a blue sapphire, about 1.5 carats. My girlfriend currently only has white gold chains, but that isn't stopping her from wearing this yellow gold pendant to work tomorrow.

Congrats, awesome finds. Highly suggest not notching out penny signals...you will miss some silver.

It's long winded but this video I made a few years ago will demonstrate the fact. This video demonstrates the 18kHz freq, but there are links in the description for the same test done in all frequencies.

https://youtu.be/EryKRbMRjiE

Thanks for the link to the videos. I watched the 12kHz & 18kHz videos. Very informative. I have been experimenting with different frequencies. Lately I've been using a 18 kHz "Vance deep coin" program, and going back over areas that I have gone over with the XP Deus at 12 kHz, my White's M6, and my friends AT Pro. I seem to be finding things that the other detectors have missed. I also have been using a friend's yard, with a house built in the mid 50s. I've found 6 silver quarters, at least j10 wheats, 1940s Jefferson nickels, and a little clad. I have yet to find any silver dimes. I will keep hitting the yard with different programs and different frequencies until I find the dimes.

I also tried to get a handle on what I'm detecting. When I got the XP Deus a few months ago, I took 12 kHz readings on some of my silver rings, 2 stainless rings, coins, and some pull tabs & bottle caps.

Another pendant, emerald (about 1 ct), 14k nugget, weighing 3.1g. Found on a football (soccer) field. TID / VDI of 52 at 18kHz. Been using a modified Vance deep coin program.