Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Gold with the 705 Gold. 44 gram 18K bracelet

I have about 50 hours on my 705 Gold will the 5 X 10 elliptical . In the local park, sens 30 , all metal, 3 tone. Vid was a solid 16 and did not move from that at 90 degrees. Bracelet was 2 -3 inches in the ground with just the tip showing in the top of the plug. I am not an expert on this so I went to a gold calculator to convert 44 grams of 18K. It says that equals 33 grams of solid gold. Is this thing really worth $1241.98? Funny, no engraving or it wore off. I resized the picture and hope it shows ok. 18K stamp is very clear.

Total Gold Value:
(USD - U.S. Dollar)
$1,241.98

Total Gold Weight
Grams: 33.00
Kilograms: 0.033
Grains: 509.27
Pennyweight: 21.219
Ounces: 1.164
Troy Ounces: 1.061
Pounds: 0.072753
Troy Pounds: 0.088415
5% Price Spread (USD)
Bid Price:

:clapping: Congratulations on a spectacular first!

Awesome awesome find. Doesn't it false at 30 sensitivity ? Also, since you were in all metal, were you digging everything past iron ?

Hi Mike, sometimes it does false at 30, but this ground was surprisingly clean for a park. I was not digging everything over iron. What I Was doing was if I could do a narrow wiggle and tease out a good number I would dig it. Even though the wiggle number would clip or drop on a 90% pivot , I would still dig it. This one was rock steady at 16. Does that gold converter make sense to you?

The conversion is correct. At just over one Troy oz. that is one heavy bracelet! Congrats.

At spot Friday that find is worth $1200.92...
Congratulations.......:clapping:

So the local gold shop offered me $926 for this 44 gram 18k bracelet. Should I take it or try one of those places that you send FedEx or Ups for an appraisal?

RolandDeschain said:
So the local gold shop offered me $926 for this 44 gram 18k bracelet. Should I take it or try one of those places that you send FedEx or Ups for an appraisal?

Melt value at ARA here in Dallas is $1267. I wouldn't take $926, but that's just me...

Wow thats a super nice find, congratulations.

If your set on selling it I would offer it up on one of the classified forums. Since you know the melt value I would say you should be able to sell that easily for $1100-1150.
That puts a good bit more in your pocket over the jewelers offer and still gives the buyer a great purchase. Theres a lot of people who like to buy and put away.

Look at that reading too...16