Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First gold!

atomicscott

I was swinging the Omega/NEL Sharpshooter combo last weekend at a park about 7-8 miles away. I figured I would hit the basketball courts first. I had just dug my 2nd dime, (man this Omega loves dimes) & as I flipped the flap back over, I started to re-scan the area & caught a glimpse of gold under the grass. Thinking it was foil, I pulled out this 14kt gold men's bracelet! There were some kids watching, so I dismissed it as trash as I didn't want them to get too excited. There were a few thug looking characters around, & I did not think they needed to know about my first gold find.

My number one site to find gold and silver.
The closest thing to beach hunting on land.
Learn to deal with the ridiculous amounts of trash and the rewards can be great.
CongratZ!

Thanks Everybody! I have been experimenting with the Omega using the bracelet & wadding it up, stretching it out, haphazardly dropping it on the ground, etc... to get a good indication of the different signals I may encounter. I found that if it is in a round clump it hit's hard like a nickel/pull tab, (as one would expect) but if I stretch it out straight, the signal varies greatly depending on the angle I swing as the surface area decreases. It will hit like a pull tab from one angle, and drop into the mid iron range from another angle. Regardless there was ALWAYS a gold ( high foil, pull tab/nickel) signal from one angle at least. I wonder how many of those I passed up over the last 5 years? Lol! From now on, I will definitely dig more of those iffy signals that have a high foil or pull tab signal from even one angle. I'm definitely getting pumped now on hitting these parks/schools more. Now the real trash digging starts, haha!