Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First good day for F75-2

shooter

Haven't did to much with my upgraded F75. Florida was a complete bust. A few old but good spots that I worked pretty good produced nothing, no re-generation hunted spot. But I did go back to the lake beach in my town. Now at this small lake the owner completely drained it again so I took the F75-2 down for atry. Now on other hunts I was not able to use the F75 at all, it was totally UNSTABLE no matter what you did, all my hunting here was with the 1270 and 555-D. So when I got there and fired her up in FA mode she was chirping like a bunch of baby chick , it was so erratic. So i switched it to BP mode with 95 Sen 10 DISC., ! tone and she was quiter then she has every been just a few pops so I tried changing the Freq. which never helped before, F1,F2,F3,F4 no difference. F5 bang stone quit, first time I could even get the coil to the ground. Now I have beat this place to death, walked 10 feet and bang a 1944 P silver nickel, 7"'s checked the whole and a shakey 81 about 3"'s away reading 11"s with 3 bars on the confed. meter. Will she was just about 11"s but not a quarter, 1941 Walking Half, 3 fett away a 1935 Washington. That day I ended up with 8 coins:5 Wheaties, 1 sil. Quarter, 1 Sil. Nickel 1 Sil Reg. medal, and the walking half at a place you couldn't use the F75 LTD so what I'm saying that the upgrade is working for me.And don't rule out the Freq. change it seemed to help. Also and I'm Going to call Jaun about the FA mode noise cause that's the same thing it was doing when when I made that erratic video, but first I'll try it at some other areas cause this is the fist time its did it since I got it back the second time. Oh you can see why I got the 81, she was on the edge.

shooter said:
so I tried changing the Freq. which never helped before, F1,F2,F3,F4 no difference. F5 bang stone quit,

Similar experience for me. My camo F75LTD did not see improvements when stepping through the frequencies. When it came back after the upgrade, stepping through the frequencies normally finds one that just quiets it right down. It runs quieter in normal mode and of course a good bit quieter in DST than it did before the upgrade. The first place I stepped through the frequencies after the upgrade was in my kitchen where nearly all my detectors pop, snap or chatter away on the EMI. On F4 it went dead quiet at sensitivity of 60; all the other frequency settings left it chattering away. Stepping the sensitivity up would start getting pops then chatter; my kitchen is a noisy EMI environment. Depending where I've been when out hunting, F3, F4 or F5 have been the sweet frequency setting.
Cheers,
tvr

That's a nice hunt. Like many of you all, the F 75 LTD 2 is a difference maker. Brian, mine seems to like dimes fine. HH jim tn

FA process seems to let the EMI in. Most times mine is chirpy to noisy. All other processes dead quiet in my sites running 99 sens 0 disc. Actually my F75LTD2 is my quietest running detector, and I have all the other flagship detectors.

n/t

I can hit a 13 in dime with ease. Just a slight. Ding pop at 16.5ins new 75 is a great unit HH c t

Nice going! You loaded up on the silver. Those Walking Liberty Halves sure look great.

tabman

I love the FA mode. I let my nephew use my F75ltd2 when we go out. I use a E-trac However, I take the F75ltd2 out as much by myself. He found a 1937 Merc last hunt. It was his first. The F75ltd is my clean up machine after I clear out as much as I can with the F75ltd2. I like the F75ltd more and more as I use it.