Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First good finds with the updated F75se

ramer

I've only had the upgraded detector for about a week and haven't hunted much with it yet.
Today, I visited some friends about 50 miles from where I live. I go down there a few times a year. They have 175 acres, mostly wooded. I didn't go there to detect, just for a really great Italian meal and just because we like to get together. My friend's wife is very extremely enthusiastic about metal detecting but hasn't purchased a detector as of yet. After lunch she said let's go detect the front yard, a HUGE front yard. Within 15 minutes I found a lapel pin, old, with writing and numbers on it, still have to research it on the internet. 5 minutes later I found a 1907 Indian at 7 inches. What makes this story complete is last year I found an Indian penny there and gave it to her with some instructions on how to clean it so she could see the date. A few days later she calls me, really distraught, and says guess what, I was so anxious to see the date that I poured some toilet bowl cleaner on it and it dissolved instantly before my eyes. So I gave her today's Indian find and no need to clean it since the date and other details were clearly there. She was as happy as a kid at Christmas time.

Neat tale, some nice finds and sure sounds like your up-graded 75 is perking good. I think I would go back for another Italian meal kind of quick.:biggrin: HH jim tn

Nice hunt Ramer, getting down in the 7 inch range is a great sign your upgrade is working well. I wouldn't be surprised if we start hearing about some silver finds from your post.