Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First half (just clad, but still...)

robertk

I went out a little Sunday morning before the heat set in. I was hoping for a silver coin or maybe a piece of jewelry or something, but it was not to be. I did find a wheat penny, a couple of old nickels, and a couple of dollars in modern clad. But my best find of the morning was a bicentennial Kennedy half dollar. It's modern, and it's not silver, but still, it's the first half dollar I've ever found with a metal detector, so I was happy about it. :)

I normally use the Coin & Jewelry program with the sensitivity tweaked, but this time I used the Hi Pro program. I'm starting to really like the Hi Pro program, and may use it more often. I also found that turning correlate on makes it possible to search with high EMI. There is one part of the yard I was hunting that has really horrible EMI -- falsing all over the place, very noisy, even with the sensitivity turned way down. I turned on correlate, and it quieted right down. I found the wheat penny in that part of the yard, about 7" down, and it's unlikely I would have heard it otherwise. I'll remember correlate the next time -- and the live control setup in Hi Pro makes it super easy to flip it on and off when I need it.

it's the first half dollar I've ever found with a metal detector, so I was happy about it.
I remember the first of all my finds. people don't use or lose half dollars.

correlate on makes it possible to search with high EMI
That's true.

The live control setup in Hi Pro makes it super easy to flip it on and off when I need it.
Use the common program to make all your programs use this live control.

Rob