Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first home hunt =century quota,silver,& gold!

Ed Steinhoff

Weather and work finally cooperated to let me do my first offical hunt of the year in my home valley!
Been learning my f-70 for a little over a year now and I can say I am finally getting confident with it and able to program different settings for different sites. As my hunt site today was a 3year old school totlot
I was not expecting any old deep targets so my settings were disc 15, speed de, sens 45, thres -2, tones dp,(more about that later), and it ground balanced at 74, which is low for this area. Normal gb in this area runs from 85 to 90.
The top 3 to 4 inches of wood chips were thawed out, but below that it was still solid ice so there were a few good signals that had to stay. I was usinf the 11" f-75 coil for ground coverage and discovered somthing that might be of use. I hunted all last year in 4h tones and with the big coil it was just confuseing and chattey next to the playground euipment, so I either left those areas alone or switched to a tracker IV with a 4" coil to get close. BUT, with the dp tones I noticed that the equip. posts would sound a low tone and any coins close to them were sounding thier normal high tones! So by listening to what the tones were telling me I was getting the coins close to the posts without having to change coils or machines!
Sooooo-the tally---41 pennies, 9 nickels, 27 dimes, 23 quarters, three junk necklece pendents, 1 sterling silver bracelet 8.4 g rams, 1 10k black hills gold ring .7 grams (small) total 100 coins= $9.26
I AM SO STOOKED! Mud, I am the dp tones camp to stay!
One other signal of note was a bouncy 31 to 85 on the first two or three passes but after slowing my swing speed it settled down to a solid 32 which is a nickel. when i dug it, there was a quarter stacked on top of a nickel! fast swing it was trying to read them both, slow swing it settled on the nickel and ignored the quarter! Does that mean these setting will pick gold out of heavy trash at a slow swing speed? Crazy happy to be hunting again!
HH Ed in co.

Outstanding! That is a perfect day...big clad, Gold and Silver! Good to see you really rocked that 70!:please:
Mud