Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hour with a New MMK!!

MetalmanMatt

Well I took the MMK on it’s first real outing today. It was short (1 hour), but I got to feel it out. I’m sold.

If the Kruzer says it’s a coin, you can bet it’s a coin. Every single target was perfectly clear. If it was an 84 and sounded trashy it was a bottle cap. If it was a broken 32 it was a pull tab. I may very well have walked over some coins that I didn’t dig. But I doubt it. I’m gonna like this machine. She’s honest!

Nice recoveries.

This is a park I have hit a lot. It’s shaded so it’s a good summer evening park. I went there because I know it well. I did t really expect to dig any coins

It's always fun to take a new detector to a very familiar site you've hunted a lot as it helps you build a little confidence and get a better understanding of a unit.

Just don't get too relaxed and pout too much trust in ANY detector's visual Target ID as you will end up walking away from some potentially good, desired targets. And give it time, you will recover unwanted junk that will give you a very repeatable coin-like 'lock-on' as well. It's all part of the metal detecting game.

That said, I will agree with you about the field performance of the Multi-Kruzer. Excellent performance with a very clean, distinctive audio report and the numeric VDI read-out complements the audio behavior. Were you using the stock 7X11 DD or an accessory coil? My favorite on the Kruzer, or the Racer 2 or Impact or Anfibio models for general day-to-day hunting, is the round 7" Concentric coil. It does an even better job of handling bottle caps and common ferrous debris.

Continued success.

Monte