Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Hunt/Finds with DEUS II

usmctop

Was finally able to take the new Deus2 out for a real short hunt....got in about hour and a half. I have a lot to learn. The two small dark pieces are brass. The one on the right appears to be a very small piece of a horse brush.
2-15-22 finds.jpg

USMCTOP thank you for your service, I’m a former 9 year Navy Vet (03) . My question : I just received my Deus II this past Saturday and will be taking the Deus on her maiden civil war relic hunt to a new site here in N. Virginia where I live.

I have been using the Deus I for 2 years and love that machine and have used Deus Fast which had served me well in colonial/civil war sites that I hunt. Which program on the Deus II were you using? Thanks

USMCTOP thank you for your service, I’m a former 9 year Navy Vet (03) . My question : I just received my Deus II this past Saturday and will be taking the Deus on her maiden civil war relic hunt to a new site here in N. Virginia where I live.

I have been using the Deus I for 2 years and love that machine and have used Deus Fast which had served me well in colonial/civil war sites that I hunt. Which program on the Deus II were you using? Thanks
Thank you for your service as well. I had 20 years in the Corps. Well, I am just learning also. I used a modified version of the General NO 1 program. I put it on pitch, put discrimination at 15(we have lots of square nails in my permission) and I had the reactivity at 2 or 2.5. I took it out again yesterday for a couple of hours and pulled out three pieces of camp lead, a pistol bullet and a fired percussion cap. I usually missed percussion caps so I think the low and high frequencies combined help bring out the small targets and they sounded good. Again, I am NO expert by any means and I have ALOT to learn.

Thank you for your service as well. I had 20 years in the Corps. Well, I am just learning also. I used a modified version of the General NO 1 program. I put it on pitch, put discrimination at 15(we have lots of square nails in my permission) and I had the reactivity at 2 or 2.5. I took it out again yesterday for a couple of hours and pulled out three pieces of camp lead, a pistol bullet and a fired percussion cap. I usually missed percussion caps so I think the low and high frequencies combined help bring out the small targets and they sounded good. Again, I am NO expert by any means and I have ALOT to learn.

I wanted to do 20 but I had just gotten married and saw too many guys losing their wives/girlfriends over dear johns from countless deployments and after so many deployments for myself back to the Gulf I was tapped out. Plus they were riffing guys after Desert Storm and I saw the writing on the wall.

Interesting your still pulling stuff out. I have been using the Deus I for 2 years now so I am very familiar with Deus ; but this new Deus II is a new puppy. I will try your settings as well-I was thinking of using general to start out. I’m going to a new site so this will be the Deus IIs maiden relic voyage.