Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt of 2019 gets me a Trifecta.

MikeO

Staff member
Got out with my long time hunting buddy who has been couped up due to shoulder surgery.
He could swing the detector since it wasn't his swinging arm but, I did the digging for him.
We hit a old home corner lot that's quite large. The house was a turn of the century home but, there are much older homes close by.
Anyhow the place is loaded with coins galore.
After a few digs I got a nice deep jumpy high right. Thinking it would be a Merc or such it shocked me to be a 1848 LC, well to put it mild I dug a lot of holes for him and me and ended up with a ton of do dads and clad. We dug numerous wheats too and my oldest was a 12. Then shortly after got a 06 Indian so, my Trifecta was complete.
Shortly after my buddy dug a 1852 LC about 15 feet away from where I had dug my Indian.
What a great day and start to the 19 season. Even better I got to share a great time with my friend.
Happy Hunting :thumbup:
[attachment 366195 image.jpeg]
[attachment 366196 image.jpeg]
[attachment 366198 image.jpeg]

That’s a beautiful crop there Mike! Absolutely NOTHING like the song an Explorer plays when it hits a high conductor. I love my CTX and have obviously done extremely well with it,but this year I’m going back to the EX2 for certain hunting. My own belief is that because they do NOT have the “flattened out curve” trying to push the FE number to normalize,they CAN be more effective in Conductive trash environments. It’s just what I’ve personally seen and with the X-8 installed,I’d put it up against anything out there in a trashy park,CTX included. The CTX makes it EASIER to hear the target for me,but I don’t necessarily think that it’s any more effective at actually FINDING the target. If the Explorer had tone bins to make it 3-5 tone,it would be easier to sort out the squeaky falses and genuine targets. Using Constant in conjunction with a lot of disc may help to sort out the wheat from the chaff...but I haven’t ventured there yet.
Great to see they DO still hunt! But I already knew that...:thumbup:

Those are a couple of nice large cents, congrats. I have had a couple LCs that sounded like silver quarters, but most (the deeper ones?) give a signal like a deep Indian cent.