Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Hunt since the At Pro Upgrade

Jerry-Wi

Just got back from the very first hunt since the At Pro upgrade and I must say I am very happy with the way it is working. First coin was a copper penny between 6 and 7 inches. Not exactly like finding a silver dime but I was impressed at how solid the signal was from all directions. Tone was fainter than the surface stuff which left no doubt that is was a deeper coin, and the VDI meter locked on a solid 80-81. Nothing iffy about it.

Since this was the very first outing for the wife since her knee surgery, it was a short hunt. After an hour she was beat so we had call it quits. I found $2.88 and she found $3.06 in clad with her Ace 250 which isn't bad for the short time we were there.

Jerry

Hi Jerry, Just got my AT PRO back about 2 hours ago, went out for a bit. I found that in Pro mode in coins it was very noisy and a bunch of erratic sounds coming out of it, Have you got any ideas for me to solve this? Name is Joe

Hi Joe:

My first thought is to turn sensitivity down a few notches. Having it chatter a bit a max sensitivity isn't necessarily bad. It shows you have more gain than you can use for the location you were at.

Another thing that is going to give you ton of chatter is some areas is Iron Audio. Some ground can be a constant chatter. Many people prefer to use Pro Zero mode with Iron Audio turned off which will make for a lot less chatter. I have fairly quiet ground here so in many places I can run with Iron Audio of.

The At Pro will also tend to give a little chatter that is related to coil orientation. For example, when the coil is parallel to the ground as when sweeping for a target it is quiet except for occasional chatter from whatever it picks up in the ground. However when sitting the detector down for digging, the coil is no longer parallel to the ground and tends to pick more noise. Again, turning the sensitivity down a notch or two quiets it down but I just leave it unless it starts chattering too much.

Finally there is also electromagnetic interference (EMI) that just seems to plague some sites. High power lines, ground mounted transformers, buried electric wiring and a bunch of things are picked up be the detector and will make it run noisy. About the only thing you can do here is turn down sensitivity and/or move to a better location.

Hope this helps.

Jerry

Hi Jerry, Thanks for the info. Will go back and try this in pro - zero. I was running in pro - coin I did notice that it was set in iron audio from the factory. I turned that off and it did quiet down for a minute I walked 6 or 7 feet more and it got noisy again. will try it in pro - zero as you suggested. Thank you again