Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Hunt- The Racer on the beach

DigFella

Again, I'm in the frozen Northeast, so the only place to try my new Racer was a beach. It was very cold & windy but fun to give the unit a whirl. The beach mode couldn't have handled the black sands any better. I went right to water line & ground balanced no problem. Racer ran quiet with just an occasional pip with the gain on it's pre set 70. Being so quiet I pumped it up to 81 & still no chatter. Two things stuck out right away.
1. The ID numbers really lock hard & stick!
Fishing sinkers I was digging were a solid 82 from every angle. Haven't seen that kinda "lock" since the CoinStrike. I dug like 30 sinkers & was thinking it would be comparable to digging civil war bullets.....
2. The conductivity scale is higher.
Something we just gutta get used to. Coins are high 80s into the 90s. A clad quarter was an 89 lock.
Lead sinkers would probably be in the 70s range of my other TID units.
I enjoyed it, even though I hate the beach. I'm a Colonial relic hunter.
Video of this hunt online here tonight....
HH

Thanks guy---you are a brave and dedicated soul, I guess one could say that you are our own"Brian Williams". Just kidding, really thanks for your report.

Here's a picture of me & my hunting buddy Dominique. That's a pretty cool chick to brave the cold to go test detectors with me :)

I am impressed. Better hang on to that Hunting Buddy.

I feel for both of you when I see all those layers of cloths. It was in the mid 80's here yesterday and low 80's today.

I hope you both have a great Hunting day.

Mike

So, There is actually stuff on the beach at the North Pole? :lol:
I am impressed with your effort!

Marry that girl, she is worth more than anything that you can find in the frozen sand! Thanks for your effort, and good hunting with your Racer!

I would like a cool chick to hunt with but yeah man it looks like you are in the artic no the east coast

I'll mary her she seems to be a good hunter how many woman like to go detecting....?

Bill is that you? You got a Racer, you gotta hit some colonial cellar holes with that, especially with the small coil!

I've seen some of Dominiques youtube vids, she's fun to watch, lots of energy!

HH,
Brian

Kind of reminds of those Charlie Brown winter outfits where you can't move your arms or turn your head. Good job!

Bill, I'm with you when it comers to beach hunting. I don't care for water or getting sand in everything, and the beaches in Oregon don't draw the crowds and get the amount of quality lost targets to find. Even still, if I wouldn't have moved a year-and-a-half ago to the drier side of Oregon I could hit the only beach I like on the coast where it will be 50° to 53° for daytime highs for the next week. Some rain and some showers and a couple of nice days, but I bet that would be a lot more pleasant than the terrible conditions you have on your side of the country.

I hope you wintry blast ends very soon so you can enjoy the Racer. I have found it to be an excellent tool for most nail troubled sites, especially with the smaller coil for places like cellar holes, etc. Surprising performance in a light, handy and easy-to-adjust design. Keep us posted on how you do with the Racer as the weather warms over there .... if it ever does ... burrrrr.

Monte

I look forward to exchanging notes on my findings in the bed of nails I have on my cellar holes here. Some go back to the 1600's!