Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Hunt With An 800

Awesome Richard..........

[size=large]This was an Old House that I had hunted a number of times... I used Gold 1..... anything that was a solid 11, 12 or 14 was not a nickel. nickels came in at 13 with an occasional jump up or down one number. I dug anything over 18. All diggable targets were clean except when it was close to a piece of iron. The way I hunt is to swing the coil slower than normal in this mode and go back and investigate clean audio. For me, I like this mode because of a lack of noise. Your only dealing with one sound and your listening to how it sounds when you pass over a target. I wish I had had more time at this sight. HH Richard[/size]

I like it because you can swing fast and not miss anything. I have found $82 in clad in less than 24 hours on the E-800. I also bought an E-600 and it's just as good. It's also very good on target separation if more than one target is close to it. I have found lots of clad comingeled amongst trash. The only thing I have open below 20 is 13. Most nickels ring up at 13 and a few at 12. You will still dig some gold tabs at 13 unless of course you're hunting old property.

Richard...... ive done something similar for salt water hunting. I use 2 tones....... ive set iron on 4 and reduced the volume to 4...... everything else is volume 25 with the tone sounding just under a penny. I tried 25 on the target tone...... but man that left my ears ringing after awhile... so i had to find a more comfortable softer tone for my ears. IF its not to chatty ill run AM...... if it is, down to -2. Lets face it in the water.... our main goal is to FIND A TARGET. Then we investigate it...... and most of the time even trash that we know is trash .... what do we do? Dig it. Just not a ton of targets out there compared to the dry sand. If your machine isnt under water you still have the advantage of the TID screen.... and i look at it occasionally. Running this away also helps you learn what things like foil sound like as well as SIZE. You are the man ...... if you are using gold mode Richard.... ive used it in some volley ball areas.. even there who weee what a bunch of tiny stuff. For me in the dry sand.... field 2 is hard to beat for depth and sensitivity in multi freq... using 2 tones.

Richard, glad to see you finally got an 800 to hunt with. Looks like you had a pretty good hunt. Love the pendant. Do you think skillet could have been used in the field to melt lead-cast bullets back in the day ? If you haven't tried tweaking tone break-volume, its a great feature on the 800. Good luck Mark

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors said:
This was an Old House that I had hunted a number of times... I used Gold 1..... anything that was a solid 11, 12 or 14 was not a nickel. nickels came in at 13 with an occasional jump up or down one number. I dug anything over 18. All diggable targets were clean except when it was close to a piece of iron. The way I hunt is to swing the coil slower than normal in this mode and go back and investigate clean audio. For me, I like this mode because of a lack of noise. Your only dealing with one sound and your listening to how it sounds when you pass over a target. I wish I had had more time at this sight. HH Richard

I tried Field 2 today. It was single tone and quite refreshingly while hunting the yard of an old home I’ve gone over at least a dozen times. Just listening to the qualities of the audio. A deep double blip reading in the 16-18 range turned up a deep wheatie Another deep mid-teens signal along the root of a huge pine turned up an old fancy pin. Ground is dry and listening to my threshold I can hear the rapid fire breaks in the threshold tone for the discriminated iron on each sweep.

Going to have to experiment more with field 2.

Congrats on your finds.

Rich

Richard@BackwoodsDetectors said:
This was an Old House that I had hunted a number of times... I used Gold 1..... anything that was a solid 11, 12 or 14 was not a nickel. nickels came in at 13 with an occasional jump up or down one number. I dug anything over 18. All diggable targets were clean except when it was close to a piece of iron. The way I hunt is to swing the coil slower than normal in this mode and go back and investigate clean audio. For me, I like this mode because of a lack of noise. Your only dealing with one sound and your listening to how it sounds when you pass over a target. I wish I had had more time at this sight. HH Richard

Gonna have to try this gold mode setup. Thanks for the insight!