Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with At Pro

Jerry-Wi

I received my At Pro in mid-December. It has been a very long winter waiting to be able to actually go hunting with it. First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has posted their video's and experiences on this forum. I felt fairly comfortable starting out with a completely new detector thanks to all of the information that everyone has shared.

We went to a park that had some snow free ground on south facing hills for our first hunt.

I ran in Pro Zero mode with 38 iron disc right from the start. In some areas I turned off the iron audio but left it on most of the time. I had to leave some targets in the ground for later retrieval because they were located well below the ground frost and digging was not possible. However, in other areas there was no frost at all and I dug several coins that were deeper than the on/off switch on the Propointer.

I really like the way the At Pro hits on coins. Much harder than I expected even with 6 to 8 inch deep coins. Nickels are just awesome rock solid on 53.
Pinpointing is very easy and accurate in areas with little trash. In the trashy areas, I just 'wiggled' the coil and walked the target so it was just off the end of the coil. Still pretty accurate.

It is going to take some time getting used to the audio information. It is quite an adjustment from the single tone Grand Master Hunter :)

I wound up with 36 coins for a total of $2.16 of clad for the day. Not a lot but it is a start for the year. My wife did somewhat better with her Ace 250 and 12 inch coil with $2.55.

I am going to really like the At Pro.

Jerry