Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with Deus II

jayhop

Used Deep HC which I tweaked a little. In my testing this program gives the most accurate ID on the deeper coins. The KG was at a solid 11 inches, the Reale was only about 7 inches.
I used a Silencer of 0, I think I will use a Silencer of 2 on the next hunt.

Attachments

• 20220219_192224.jpg
    20220219_192224.jpg
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 20220219_163843.jpg
    20220219_163843.jpg
    721 KB · Views: 102
  • 20220219_163857.jpg
    20220219_163857.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220219_163903.jpg
    20220219_163903.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 100
  • 20220219_192450.jpg
    20220219_192450.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 107
Awesome jayhop. Congrats on the reale. What denim? Looks big. So you’re finding the deep stuff already? Even within the iron? What coil ?

Awesome jayhop. Congrats on the reale. What denim? Looks big. So you’re finding the deep stuff already? Even within the iron? What coil ?
Should have put that in, a 1 Reale. 11in coil.

Used Deep HC which I tweaked a little. In my testing this program gives the most accurate ID on the deeper coins. The KG was at a solid 11 inches, the Reale was only about 7 inches.
Will you list your tweaks ?

Will you list your tweaks ?

I will but I'm not a Deus expert.

I hunted with a Silencer of 0 instead of 2 to increase the chances of hearing deeper coins close to iron. But you can see I dug a lot of iron so I will probably put it back at 2.

Changed the reactivity to 1 to increase depth. I did go to 1.5 when in the thicker iron.

Lowered iron volume to 1 for a more pleasant hunt.

Raised discrimination to 8 to knock out nails. But on the short or bent nails it doesn't work. They are too much like a coin I believe.

Lowered iron tone to 100HZ and raised highest tone just above 900 to make the high conductors jump out.

Hunted in 5 tones which I need to work on. It would really helpful if the tone bin volumes were adjustable.
This program is deep with an accurate ID on deeper coins. IMO.

I will but I'm not a Deus expert.

I hunted with a Silencer of 0 instead of 2 to increase the chances of hearing deeper coins close to iron. But you can see I dug a lot of iron so I will probably put it back at 2.

Changed the reactivity to 1 to increase depth. I did go to 1.5 when in the thicker iron.

Lowered iron volume to 1 for a more pleasant hunt.

Raised discrimination to 8 to knock out nails. But on the short or bent nails it doesn't work. They are too much like a coin I believe.

Lowered iron tone to 100HZ and raised highest tone just above 900 to make the high conductors jump out.

Hunted in 5 tones which I need to work on. It would really helpful if the tone bin volumes were adjustable.
This program is deep with an accurate ID on deeper coins. IMO.
Thank you, sir. Much appreciated.

Cool digs, congratulations. Farm field?
Is that a coin or button, the one that has lines and stars?

Cool digs, congratulations. Farm field?
Is that a coin or button, the one that has lines and stars?
Thank you.
Yes, a farm field just outside the yard of a late 1700s house.
It's a button with flowers. There's only 2 coins. There is the disc to the left of the KG, not sure what it. No sign of a shank and no markings at all on either side.

Very Nice finds, jayhop. What are your thoughts on the D2 so far? Any ETA on your 9" unit?

Nice finds mine comes tomorrow…
Mark

Very Nice finds, jayhop. What are your thoughts on the D2 so far? Any ETA on your 9" unit?
Thank you.
It's definitely going to take longer to learn this machine than any other detector I've ever used. But I'm liking it more each day.
Nothing on the 9 inch machine yet.