Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with gold bug pro

rockpup1

My first half a day detecting.Lots of foil and alminium garbage hardly any iron and only a few bottle caps.I found 9 pennys and a dime.

Im not sure if I like the thershold sound-I cannot get it to run smooth.Only at 15gain any higher and its all choppy and stuff.

Not a steedy constant hummmmmm more like a hummm zip zip hummmm zip zip zip hummmm.

It could be because of EMI but I was at least 400 meters from nearest powerline mind you I could still see them.Its impossible around not to see a powerline no matter where you go.
I know my infinium hates powerlines.

It could just be the machine.My mxt had a hummmm zip zip hummm zip zip zap hummmm kinda thershold sound.

My tesoro Vaquero had a HUMMMMMMMMMMMM really smooth thershold sound in all-metal .So did my eagle spectrum.

I just dont see how you could find a whisper of a sound with all the unsteady thershold waver in the sound?

You need to ground balance it in All Metal Mode then switch back to DISC mode, the GB will carry over and you should be able to run it at 50 or above with no EMI.

Yeah no interfernce in disc mode. I ground balance on 50 gain thershold in middle'ish. Its the way it sounds in all metal.I have had other machiens like compass rm7 it had constant thershold but you would here waving/pulsing in the back ground of the thershold because of EMI

The thershold is very smooth and constant at 15 gain(all-metal) I crank it up and even at 20 its kinda staticy.Not a contant smooth HMMMMMMMMMM it increase and decrease i guess you could say? Real bad at high gain.But then I am new to this machine.my mxt sounded like that it was all choppy jumpy thought it was broken but the fella that has it says it is working right(he has owned other mxt's).

I also have yet to be absolute free of EMI.That will have to wait until gold prospecting.Im really not sure if I could find a place EMI free around here.

Maybe its the machine.The + pushpad button It stopped working again but after a 100 or so push's its working fine again.I have a feeling theres a bad soilder connection in the circuit board.More than likely one cold soilder joint that sometimes loss's contact.I really should send it back but its working again and man I hate to be without a good vlf machine.Weird how it started not working again and then it is.Hopefully it lasts until winter-please.

So far I like the disc circuit and I can tell its a ring magnet.I cant wait unit I try some beach hunting.It does well on hot rocks and loves low conductive stuff.It Id is really bang on and could tell when ever i dug coins.Sometimes the old bottle cap will fool you.But im pretty sure they read all under 60 not 58 like nickles and kinda jumped around.Coins had a very constant vdi harldy varies.

Some bottle caps will read in the 70's, like the old Pepsi screw tops.

I'd send it in to Fisher now for a checkup or back to the dealer for a swap out, should be about a week or two turn around, then you will have a great working machine for the summer.

It will take at least 2 weeks.The dealer was cool and willing to exchange.I think its working right,its just me.I plan on giving it a real good test try today.
I will take my chance because I really want it for a gold prospecting trip and its less than 2 weeks away.

No one can seem to explain to me how the thershold is suppose to sound so I am guessing it sounds right?

It most likely just runs real hot so the thershold is just a higher sat speed and sounds kinda jumpy/staticy.

My ground is also soaked wet.Its the wetest it can get and that may be another cause of problems.
Plus EMI is bad around most parts I hunt.Maybe I can find a low EMI place to really give it a try.

Fisher seems real good on there service and if I have to deal with the factory in the future I am sure they can help me get a quick repair.

Hey Rockpup --

Your threshold sounds right. That's how mine is, too. I can never run my gain above 10 or so or my threshold has too much static/variability. Other machines, some of them, have that real steady "hum" threshold; that's not how these ones are. I am guess that the all-metals mode threshold would be much smoother out in a prospecting environment away from EMI, but in town, I almost always run it in disc mode.

Don't worry about the threshold, but I would certainly get that touchpad fixed -- if not before your trip, then right after...

Steve

Thanks Stever! Thats what I was thinking! That may be a bonus for goldprospecting. It's very sensative to small nuggets even in the disc mode!!!

Its Crazy sensative in disc mode!! Byfar the most sensative machine In disc mode I have ever owned.This will help in my area to reduce iron pyrite falsing.
Its Way more

Once the touchpad fails again I will send it in for service.I want the 11" coil also so I want to try and buy direct from factory,have them send 11" coil back with the machine after repair.

I am going to try a tot-lot out today and maybe a hunted out freshwater beach.I would like to find some of the Yeller Stuff (gold)

Hey rockpup, please let me know how you do with the machine while prospecting. Yes, it's very sensitive even in disc mode; I have tested on some small nuggets and it does hit them well in disc mode -- but I think all-metals is even better. Anyway, let me know; I'm going on a prospecting trip at the end of August on a friend's gold claim in Colorado -- and it will be the first time using the machine in that capacity, so I'm interested to see how it works for you and anything you learn while prospecting.

Steve

No problems Steve-I will do a good post for anyone intrested.I want to do some testing in real life enviroment for some future goldbugpro owners.I know they will want one after they see the results! I will be in a area more similar to colorado than Arizona.This easter will be my first trip up.There is 2 much snow but in a few weeks it should be good and the ground still moist.

Chris.