Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with new MX Sport

GroundHug

I went to a local beach where I had been with the Surfmaster. That is a very powerful machine but with all the iron on this beach it's a chore to use there. Found a nice silver necklace there, a religious piece that says "I am a Catholic please call a priest". I found the machine was very easy to tell iron with, with the "spitting" sound and inconsistent or disappearing signals when you rotated.

I had read a lot of bad things about this machine - if you got a good one people liked it but if not, people wanted to wrap it around a tree. I'm guessing I must have one of the good ones then.

I will mention that no coil hardware was included with mine so I had to take a Minelab bolt and put it on to get it going today (got the machine yesterday). That was irritating, but Whites made up for that by giving me the Waterproof headphones with it instead of the land phones I was expecting in the box. (And the lesson there is always have extra hardware on hand you never know when you are going to need it). Based on White's reputation I'm sure I could contact them and they'd send the hardware, but I ordered new hardware when I ordered the machine so I'll save contacting them for the important stuff.

This machine will actually fill a few niches I was looking for a machine to fill - a beach hunter that can get dunked and that has iron discrimination (if you are discriminating more than that, in my view you are going to lose jewelry, which makes beach hunting pointless), a competition hunt machine, and a machine I could prospect with. That's what really caught my eye about this and why I bought it.

Attached if I can attach it is a picture of the necklace.

I wasn't thrilled about that, but I'd say they more than made up for it by giving me the waterproof headphones when I wasn't expecting them.

I'm also pretty sure based on their reputation that if I contacted them they'd send the hardware out. I didn't bother because I ordered extras knowing you never know when you will need them. If this was someone's first machine, they would not be happy to not have the hardware, and could well return the detector.

I just wanted to point out that it has performed well for me. Better than some detectors that cost more. In particular it handles iron very well. I love the versatility as well. In spite of missing the coil hardware, I feel it's well worth the money.