Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with new rod mod and update

Got out to a local beach at low tide and had a great 5 hour hunt in mostly wet sand and up to high tide line. The new rod mod for those who missed my post (CZ70 rod):
[attachment 361305 goldenrod.jpg]
The CZ70 s rod worked superbly with the Equinox 800 pieces. Not lower shaft twisting and balance was excellent. Only issue is that it is indeed shorter in comparison to the Equinox rod but it didn't bother me. The weight is about a pound/500g more and does seem a bit noticeable but I was not very tired after the 5 hours. Oh and it is very stable in coil water sweeps in the waves when I went into the water.
So for the finds...put a golden rod on your md and this is what I get the first time out:
[attachment 361304 goldbracelet.jpg]
Most likely gold plated (don't see mark) but is heavy and more than a wee bit too small for my wrist.
Here is the goodie photo...
[attachment 361306 hunt15092018.jpg]
The update seems to have steadied the Target IDs a bit and some Target IDs have changed (I think)...tent pegs no longer seem to come up as good targets. I would change from full metal to discrim in Beach 1 often and I only got the tent pegs in full metal. Stability does seem alot better and falsing from EMI appears not as bad though I wasn't able to ramp up sensitivity up past 21 without some falsing. I think I can attribute this to me setting recovery down to 3-4. Beach 1 (defaults with recovery 4, iron bias 2) is still my favourite for most beach hunting here. Oh and I dug up far less thin foil trash if any but that could be just the beach.

I don't know why people have problems with Beach 1 mode. I am finding stuff like that tiny eyelet (left of the bracelet in wet sand) and at depth. Recovery of that eyelet was a pain since it kept slipping through my scoop and my gloves. It was solid as on the target ID and was a scoop and a half down in the wet sand..I just love how the Eq pings off targets in the wet sand and stays quiet most of the time until it does so. Coming from the world of FBS and PI, this is such a fun feeling when you hit a good solid target in the wet sand.

Very interesting & thank you for your report.-----The only thing I'm wondering about on this mod is the added (approx.) one lb. of weight.-----According to my very accurate postal scales--my E800 with stock set up (11" coil & coil cover) weighs 2 lbs. 14.8 oz.-----E800 with 6" coil & coil cover weighs 2 lbs. 7.4 oz.-------Do you have a means to weigh your E800 with Fisher rod & report the weight?----Nice to hear it balances & swings well. :thumbup:

I just got around to weighing the detector with a luggage scale and it came in at just shy of 1.4kgs. This would put it at around 3 pounds in total for the Eq800 + CZ70 rod combo.Not too shabby.

I've done the same but used a White's middle and lower Rod. The White's rod has a little smaller diameter but a thin shim solved that issue. Swings much better IMHO.