Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with Omega 8000:teknetics:

oldbob55

Well went out for 2 hours got some clad pull tabs. dug 6 dimes( 1970) 6 pennys (1969) one Quarter 2 nickles. think i going to like the Omega Gg is easy for me I did dis out iron and foil was usind the 11in coil in a park that i have not been to in awhile

Thanks for looking

HH

Bob

Good Start, Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Good luck with your Omega, hope your able to get out with it again soon. Jimme

Coil used (you mentioned the 11" DD), the Ground Balance setting, Sensitivity level, Discrimination level and Audio Tone ID choice.

Did you get the Omega with only the 11" DD coil? Have you used the stock 10" concentric elliptical coil? After you have used both search coils for maybe 10-15 hours each, it would be interesting to hear your opinions.

Monte

I took the O8 out for a test drive today.This is only my 4th machine in ten yours last being the cz.Went to a park I hunt often turned on the O8 put it on d-2 disc at 21 and sens at 99 using the 10 inch coil.Grab balanced at 67 and off I went very quiet machine I had to throw a quarter down just to make sure it was on Then I heard Quack Quack and I knew it was on.I was only looking for coins today most were in the 4-6 inch area I got one 8 inch wheaty and a 7 inch rosie.Found about $3.27 in clad I noticed this machine to run very quiet until it finds a coin then you here the amazing Quack Quack then you dig.

Honeslty, so is the Gamma for the same types of applications. All of the Teknetics models perform well, but the Omega and Gamma, if I might lump two together, have got to be the best dollar-value on the market for the number of great adjustment features and in-th-field performance. I am also quite partial to the elliptical 10" concentric coil.

Keep working that Omega, especially in the d2 Tone ID, which is my favorite, and let us know how your 'Quacking" goes.

Monte

I'm going out this weekend ill keep an eye out on the sen, and dis and GB i was using 2 tones at the time of the hunt. I do have the 10in coil taking it with me this time,

HH
Bob