Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hunt with Red Racer

Terry in PA

ok guys had the red racer out for a test spin today along the old PA canal. Lots of iron chatter but managed to pull out a few keepers. Got 2 pewter buttons with I hooks on back a pewter spoon a wedding band and a rivet from horse tack and a belt buckle. What I did find was bigger Iron that was deeper always gave a good tone with good ID's of 83-84 most of the time saying it was a inch or so deep. Upon digging I'd find myself digging a deep hole only to find iron. Is there a setting to better identify this deeper iron ? Was using 2 tone mode gain 70 and filter at 10.

Hi Terry, If you get a big hit and think it is big iron, start raising the coil up and if it still shows on top or not very deep then it is iron. A coin will start to loose depth and vdi.

I use pinpoint to try get an idea of target size , i think deep iron will always be a bug bear with the Red Racer. I had a solid 82 hit today , dug down 10 inches nothing there , hmm deep iron i thought but upon digging down another 2 inches out came a door knob! I think deep iron is some thing racer users will have to grin and bear it..