Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Hunt With The 9.5 x 5 Coil

JaWi.

Went down to a local ball field this afternoon with the Simplex+ and the new coil. Ended with $3.51 1 Wheat was the only older coin. It run very quiet and pinpointed better than the stock coil. Id's were also better than the stock coil. Nothing over 5in. deep today. My first impression was very good. Was hunting in Park1 and have the 2.78 update. I've had some problems with rusty bottlecaps with the Simplex with the stock coil but only dug one today. My Simplex will not replace my Equinox but for the price it is a very good detector especially with this coil for me.

Nice to hear you got out to enjoy the Simplex +, especially with the 5 x 91/2 coil. I use my Simplex with the standard 11 inch coil in wide open parks or hunting a plowed field, but my other Simplex +, that's part of my Daily-Use Team, keeps that elliptical coil mounted full-time.

Generally I use Park 1 for most of my Coin and Jewelry hunting, unless there is a lower amount of trash and then I'll either use the field mode or the beach mode. Every mode on each Simplex + has the sensitivity set at maximum. I never start out and see if I can increase it, I always turn my detectors on and have it at maximum and then I reduce it only if I need to for stability. Seldom do I have to drop more than one or two bars.

I enjoy that coil for similar reasons to what you stated, the detector being more stable and less EMI, plus I get very good audio and visual Target responses. I have both of my units operating with the 2.77 upgrade and I have not had any issues at all. I'm curious, why you went to the 2.78?

It looks like we might have four days of pleasant Fall weather remaining before we crash into low temperatures and a chance of some snow this weekend, so I scouted around this afternoon. I found the owner who just bought two lots and bladed them so all the weeds are gone. I got the permission to hunt it and that's where I'll be tomorrow. Likely using Park 1.

I hope you can get out some more with your Simplex and the new coil. It's a very pleasant and enjoyable detector to use.

Monte