Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Hunt with the ACE 250 baggs Silver :thumbup:

trueblue

took the Ace out for 4hrs today , found the tones to be very accurate had to keep reminding me self to check the TID now an then to see how accurate it was but most the time didnt bother just hunted in AM went with tones its a little rippa machine pick uped the 1800's Penny @ 7 inchs exactly "measured" an it wasnt turned up in the sod ! preset sensitivity , AM .. it was at the bottom of the plug caked into the dirt I seen it so I made a piont to measure it before breaking it out of its tomb , the tones jumped around a bit but 90% + belltone :thumbup: ya couldnt not dig it . dug a few tabs to make sure all was good and every 1 of'em was ID'd by the yellafella as a tab , good machine ! also dug a very corroded LIVE centre fire round got rid'a it pretty quick ya gotta be carefull .
Also dug the sixpence in very trashy area fulla tabs the ace was go'in flat out beep beep on the tabs but I picked that belltone in amoungst it all very tight lil signal up came a 1879 sixpence , also got a 1889 half penny out the cleanen area , the cartridges and projectiles were fairly easy to pick out on the ID they jumped around pretty well indentical each time , Its a welcome change from a single tone machine , never had any problems whatsoever Pin Pointing I cant understand where all the negitive garbage about the ace being a poor PP'er comes from its a breeze and is very accurate welldone Garrett the ACE 250's a keeper :thumbup:

:detecting:
trueblue :garrett::tesoro:love that BellTone !

Good on ya mate looks like you"v got a good spot to hunt & that's a nice coin. you"ll find the ace is a killer on the old silver coins it seems to detect silver deeper than anything else the only silver coin the ace has problems with is the post 1946 threepence"s they come up as a pull tab signal so you"ll find you wont dig many unless you dig the tabs.
lazyaussie

Some folks just fall on their feet, and it looks like you are one of them!:clapping: Those are some very sweet finds. I'd say that swinging the Tejon must have give you a real good grounding for listening to targets.
You'll enjoy the Ace. I'm closing on 300 hours of hunting on mine now and I find that The Ace is still giving up more of it's secrets. It just seems to keep giving. I don't know if you're up for it,but as you may have discovered, 5c and 10c come in on the same notch as pull tabs. You can tell them apart to a degree by watching how these targets bounce around on the meter. They each can lock into notch 4, but they tend to bounce. There is a pattern to the bounce. Play around with them and see if you can pick it. These are the hardest targets to figure out.
Mick Evans.

lazyaussie said:
the only silver coin the ace has problems with is the post 1946 threepence"s they come up as a pull tab

lazyaussie thanks for that interesting tip I appreciate it :thumbup:

thanks for the Tips Mick yeah I had noticed the pattern occuring on the bullets today it gives ya clues if ya pay'n attension , I reckon I'I only find meself using the display on iffy targets as I mainly did today and in that short time I could see that the ace is tellin plenty , with the Tejon the 5&10's drop out below nearly all tabs Beavertails butterfly stubbie tops & square tabs , you get fooled ofcorse but its usually but no always broken or mishaped pieces of tab ect , and the Tejon holds that discing ability to very good depth when stacked up against my other Tesoros . 20c drops out before butterflys an square tabs while Btail's still ring load an clear , the 50c drops out with Btails , but there still heaps of info to be gained with the audio the beavertails as with the other espeacialy the square tabs & butterflys will ofter double beep one way or throw out to the side , the 50c usualy holds tight with clean audio as do most cions , using the dual disc along with some thumbing of the primary disc also tone variations in AM"I find the AM to be usefull on discearning between $ cions an Screwtops as they have a noticeable tone diff " all done quite quickly due to the 3 way toggle you can get quite a bitta info on ya target but it requires alot more attension an concentration to be paid constantly espeacialy in trashy sites , the ACE is a refreshing and relaxing change an Im gunna enjoy choppin an changin between the 2 , as for $1 & $ 2 on the Tejon they both hit quite abit above tabs but below screwtops , but as ya know ya gett fooled no an then by squashed or mishaped tops but again you also have that double beep and or overload give away on a magority of shallow screwtops an larger tagets , Im lookin forward to my next hunt with the Ace and I appeaciate all the help an advice that you guys so generously give me

:beers:

Thanks for all the interesting info. I enjoyed in Tejon comments. Not many folks over here swing one. You sound like you are adapting to the Ace quite quickly. I will enjoy reading your adventures with it.
Mick Evans.