Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first hunt with the sand shark

ez4sure

thanks to forum member lightstryder i got a great deal on used sand shark, took it out today to two different beaches the first one found a few coins at this beach the sand is almost all black sand and the sand shark seems to false on every swing so it was hard to tell deeper signals. on shallow targets it was no problem i think maybe i was sweeping the coil to fast, the next beach i went to has way less black sand and i did much better it was high tide so i stayed in the dry sand area found some cool things and alot of trash overall i was happy for my first outing i think as i learn how to run it i will do better. any advice or tips from you sand shark owners would be appreciated hh

Looks like you are off to a great start with the Sand Shark.. is that a gold ring in the photo?
I like the knife you found.. neat design!!!
I too have a Sand Shark that I bought a couple of years ago and have no regrets.. I have found enough gold jewelry to pay for the machine and two more.. I mostly use it around the freshwater lakes nearby, but make a trip or two to the beach a year to use it also.
hairpins will usually give a double beep when the coil is over it, but I usually dig every signal anyhow as some say that chains can give the same signal.
Most also use the VCO mode on the machine and I prefer it also.. it just alerts me more with the tone change when I am over a target.
Good luck with your new Shark and look forward to seeing your future finds.
Felix

Getting a good used Sand Shark shouldn't be difficult. For some reason theres a bunch of them for sale on Ebay right now.

Great to hear! I got mine two months ago and am going to try giving it a first go soon if I can get away and it isn't too cold. Tvr was a big help to me for advice, as well as TerrySolomon and some others.

I saw that ring too, and with all those targets it's clear you are doing well with it right out of the gate. Nice!

I like that knife as well ,

Looks like a scandi grind pocket knife. Dont think Ive ever seen one before. Cool.

hatpin the knife says alaska pocket ulu and the ring is a junker but it was still cool finding it. any way i took it out the next day and it was still falsing no matter what settings i tried, i could only detect a quarter at 5 inches in the black sand and at the park about 8 inches so i called tesoro and talked to rusty there shark expert and he told me to send it in, so today tesoro called me and gave the bad news the coils bad and im not the original owner so the total will be $199.00 a $149 to buid a new coil and $50 for the service im kind of wishing i would have bought a new one now hh