Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Hunt with the T2

B

buttondigger

Went to an Old Country Church. The Ferrous scaled read .3 meaning the ground mineral was very heavy. This place is loaded with modern trash, however I have found many old coins at this site. I used manual ground balance. Took some time but got it just right. Targets everywhere. Switched to discriminate, very good access to the only two controls you need. Ground balanced pushing the toggle forward and began pumping the coil up and down. Reduced sensitivity to 70. discriminate at max. (80) Hot rocks peeped at 92 to 95. I used the three tone feature. When you encounter a shallow target you will get a double tone. Just raise the coil the tone will become single. Wheat pennies ring in at a high tone. The deepest depth reading today was six inches. The sound is very loud in pinpoint, but works. I found only two bottle caps, being a relic hunter I compare it to digging shotgun shells to find buttons. Now the good news . It pulled four silver dimes and half a dozen wheat pennies from an area I have searched with every high end machine and new models. If you hunt near power cables be prepared to lower your sensitivity. I will get up to Culpepper next weekend, but will take it with me to test next week at Va. Beach.