Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Hunt with XP ORX

usmctop

First day out with the ORX. It is going to be a learning curve

usmctop said:
First day out with the ORX. It is going to be a learning curve

Great first hunt, things just get better with the ORX the more you learn it.

.. master digging more good finds!:thumbup:

The XP ORX is an enjoyabale detector to use. Yes, I have others I grab at times, but my two ORX devices are working quite well. I got my first one June 6th of this syear and there is a bit to learn about them, but they are simple, deep-seeking and versatile.

Nice batch of finds!

Oh, it's also interesting to know which mode and settings and search coil you used when you post, too. It helps everyone learn a little. For example, I use the 5X9½ DD HF coil on one and the round 9" X35 coil on the other for different applications and frequency preferences.

Monte

Looks to me like you already have a really good start. Its already been started but it's true the more you use it the more proficient you will become. If you ever want a hunting buddy let me know. I would love to find just "ONE" Civil War bullet just one! You don't find many of them in southern IL.. I'm an old Marine and retired Law Enforcement Officer . That would be dear to my heart. I've had an XP for a couple of years and their both similar and AWESOME. Keep up the detecting. If you need anything let me know

Monte said:
Oh, it's also interesting to know which mode and settings and search coil you used when you post, too. It helps everyone learn a little. For example, I use the 5X9½ DD HF coil on one and the round 9" X35 coil on the other for different applications and frequency preferences.

Monte

LF 9x35 coil that came with machine. When in the field, used mostly coin fast with standard settings, but also played with gold deep and coin deep. When I went on the side of the mountain....coin fast with standard frequency was the only real stable one. I think I may try a little higher frequency next time out to see how it does.