Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Impressions of the E-trac

JohnTN

I got the E-trac for Lynn over at Detector Depot. We both live in Tennessee so he just delivered it too me. TALK ABOUT SERVICE He is great to deal with.

Last night I took the E-trac to a field for a couple hours, where I have found an iron infestation and a couple of neat finds but not many and the last few hunts there the highlights were a few brass shotgun shells. I dug two CW bullets and a 44 cal rimfire casing along with an old pocket knife and an old fork. I was hunting in the relic mode, high trash, difficult ground, fast off, deep on, ferrous sound - multi-tone with -2 on auto sensitivity. All finds ranged between 8 and 12 inches deep. I was impressed to say the least.

Then today I hunted an old fairgrounds where I have dug probably 200 old coins over the past couple years.
The last 7-8 trips I have come home with clad but nothing old not even a wheat. I set up the E-trac similar to how I use to hunt with my old Explorer II with all metal and run the ferrous up to 28 set up my Quickmask as all metal. I used conductive sounds, auto sensitivity ( playing around between -3/+3 ), high trash, deep on, fast off, normal response.
I dug more oldies than I have gotten from the fairgrounds in the past year. Every coin I dug had nails in the same hole so it made them tough to pinpoint until I cleaned all the nails out. My finds today ranged between 6 and 10" deep.

My initial impression of the E-trac hmmmm. This machine is a beast. I feel like when I it learn well. I can be very productive with this machine. SO the E-trac gets two big thumbs up in my opinion.

n/t

THE MORE YOU USE IT THE BETTER IT GETS. AND YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD WHEN YOU CALLED IT A BEAST OF A MACHINE. PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR FINDS, RAY.

To be totally honest found it a little hard to use to date :sad: First off tried it on a beach and even though it was set in beach mode it was picking up small foil??? seems odds to me as whats the point of a beach descrim mode?
Also tended to get false signals a lot... just hope I can get used to it at