Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First impressions Using Deus 2

coinworld

I ponied up and purchased the Deus 2 In February after waiting for almost 4 months when I purchased it and received mid February.

Initial observations :

1) Iron separation I believe is much better than my original Deus which I had used for a year. I live and dig in Virginia primarily civil war and colonial relics and during my Deus 2s maiden hunt I got a solid signal at about 6 inches in heavy machine gun iron and recovered a regimental hat letter “B” . This site has been hunted years ago as evidenced of all the piles of heavy iron and nails poked up by a tree .

2) At a site in PA which we believe was part of the escape route after the Battle of Gettysburg, I got a one way signal solid 92 but it was amongst melted aluminum, it probably took me 10 minutes to isolate the target as there was so much melted aluminum. After digging the plug at about 4 inches I was staring at a 1838 seated Liberty Dime-my oldest to date. I am certain no other machine would have located this target .

Depth:

At another civil war site my 3 buddies and I have been hunting this past spring in April I got a real faint whisper of a signal that was 16 inches in depth, no VDI at all-these are the best targets -no VDI- this game is digging with your EARS not VDI, after almost 20 minutes of continually digging more and more dirt out I finally saw the round disk laying in the bottom of the hole and my first thoughts were ; “ Really?? Another blasted mason jar lid?!!”” But after picking it up out of the hole and measuring the depth with my ruler I keep in my back pack, I realized this was a heavier “mason jar lid” , ad I forged the object over did I then see the very discernible Federal Eagle Breast Plate I had just recovered-my third ever and prettiest one I have dug. My two other buddies Original Deus”s never heard the signal as I was behind them both going up the hill . This is the deepest relic i have ever dug period -and with this Deus2 I was pleasantly surprised.

I’ll be going out next month for the fall relic hunting season and am sure the next 3 months will be just as rewarding as this first 4 months . Happy digging Deus 2 Users!

Attachments

• B27178C6-7F8C-4286-AD18-B84B05C62925.jpeg
    B27178C6-7F8C-4286-AD18-B84B05C62925.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 94
  • E4774EDF-0359-40CB-A280-1A0F1B0704AD.jpeg
    E4774EDF-0359-40CB-A280-1A0F1B0704AD.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 92
  • 87926F6D-965A-4103-BC0A-39F4DAFF38EB.jpeg
    87926F6D-965A-4103-BC0A-39F4DAFF38EB.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • CA79A65B-84D3-4AF7-AA6C-A39999EC503E.jpeg
    CA79A65B-84D3-4AF7-AA6C-A39999EC503E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
  • 72139FF3-1049-49B8-A8EF-E44D11FBD5D0.jpeg
    72139FF3-1049-49B8-A8EF-E44D11FBD5D0.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 93
  • F26F9954-5793-4E3A-8E96-6F5BB5F7EE43.jpeg
    F26F9954-5793-4E3A-8E96-6F5BB5F7EE43.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
Those are good finds. Thanks for including the conditions and machine readouts in your writeup. Those things are so helpful, and they are often omitted online and in articles.

Thanks again.
--Matt

That is very odd that you would be able to isolate a dime out of a patch of melted aluminum, as the conductive range is generally very similar. I would need to see that one for myself, in a test scenario. Very odd.

I ponied up and purchased the Deus 2 In February after waiting for almost 4 months when I purchased it and received mid February.

Initial observations :

1) Iron separation I believe is much better than my original Deus which I had used for a year. I live and dig in Virginia primarily civil war and colonial relics and during my Deus 2s maiden hunt I got a solid signal at about 6 inches in heavy machine gun iron and recovered a regimental hat letter “B” . This site has been hunted years ago as evidenced of all the piles of heavy iron and nails poked up by a tree .

2) At a site in PA which we believe was part of the escape route after the Battle of Gettysburg, I got a one way signal solid 92 but it was amongst melted aluminum, it probably took me 10 minutes to isolate the target as there was so much melted aluminum. After digging the plug at about 4 inches I was staring at a 1838 seated Liberty Dime-my oldest to date. I am certain no other machine would have located this target .

Depth:

At another civil war site my 3 buddies and I have been hunting this past spring in April I got a real faint whisper of a signal that was 16 inches in depth, no VDI at all-these are the best targets -no VDI- this game is digging with your EARS not VDI, after almost 20 minutes of continually digging more and more dirt out I finally saw the round disk laying in the bottom of the hole and my first thoughts were ; “ Really?? Another blasted mason jar lid?!!”” But after picking it up out of the hole and measuring the depth with my ruler I keep in my back pack, I realized this was a heavier “mason jar lid” , ad I forged the object over did I then see the very discernible Federal Eagle Breast Plate I had just recovered-my third ever and prettiest one I have dug. My two other buddies Original Deus”s never heard the signal as I was behind them both going up the hill . This is the deepest relic i have ever dug period -and with this Deus2 I was pleasantly surprised.

I’ll be going out next month for the fall relic hunting season and am sure the next 3 months will be just as rewarding as this first 4 months . Happy digging Deus 2 Users!
That's a nice plate.