Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First impressions with my V3

hodr

Made it out for the first time today with the V3. Took it to the park next to my house since it was already getting late (5:30pm) and overcast. This park is a triple threat in that it has crazy emi from overhead power lines and stadium lights (Had to use my 5.3 coil here with the DFX, the super 12 was never stable), TONS of trash, and somewhat mineralized ground.

In the hour and a half that I swung about aimlessly I found a handful of clad (2Q, 5D, 2N, 5P) two wheat pennies (a corroded as heck '57 and a pretty clean '56), my first silver coin from this park ('64 Rosie in perfect shape), and a fork. Fork looks silver, has lots of filigree and says "walencia silver" on the back.

Only dug 3 or 4 pieces of trash. I was able to run the detector at 15/55/84 for most of the time (until I got about 20 yards from stadium lights) and I had zero problems with my Invader DX-1.

I am pretty sure I am going to like this guy once I get used to him.

I like you , have found work arounds for EMI. Even with some noise, good info still repeats. I need to pull out my wired phones and see how much help those give in a new emi area I've found. Brutal.