Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Impressions

BarberDan

Let me preface this by saying I have not had a full hunt on the unit. I finally got the XP Deus out of the box today (have had it since Wednesday), put it together and charged the batteries. I love the setup on the charging!! I was initially concerned with the headphones(i just can't call them backphones...sorry..lol) but after wearing them for 1/2hr, I can tell that they give out great sound and should be cooler in the summer months, than my SunRays. The unit is light!! I thought I was prepared for that, but I just wasn't. Oh...did I mention that I love the fact that it has the time on the control? Saves me from having to get my phone out when I have limited time to hunt....not really a function....but I love that feature.The processor is lightning quick. My coin garden has iron all throughout it and I could tell when I was over a coin. Here's the good news. All of my coins are down at least 9" and I didn't have any problems picking them out. Could I do this in the field? Doubtful, because I don't really know anything about this unit...lol....but I could tell in my garden because I know what is where. I'm heading out tomorrow on my first hunt and may just leave the E-Trac in the car to do a full blown learning session. Overall I'd have to say that I'm very impressed with the unit. I think it suits me much better than the V3i that I traded.

Awesome Dan! Cant wait to hear your report. Crank the sens as high as possible and turn reactivity down to 1. Still VERY fast recovery that way but it gets more depth.

Good luck!