Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Indian, second silver, and $100

Found my first Indian head penny at an old house sight that I received permission to hunt, then today I found my second silver dime and enough clad to surpass the $100 total.

There always has to be a first for everything. Way to go on the Indian Head Penny. They are fun to find.:cheers:

Tell us a little something about your detector settings and how deep the coins were.

tabman

Big congratulations! Amazing when a guy finds a first...big tingly sensations...like at the school dance...thanks for bringing back those memories! Nice work on that 100 dollar mark clad too..tough and dedicated milestone.:thumbup:
Mud

Mud I cant believe it!!! There is a coin that I actually found before you did:clapping:I found my first and only Indian head penny about two years ago.I knew I was getting better,just dont hunt often enough.Well never the less I'm proud of me.I was able to find a coin before the master of detecting did:please:HH

tabman said:
There always has to be a first for everything. Way to go on the Indian Head Penny. They are fun to find.:cheers:

Tell us a little something about your detector settings and how deep the coins were.

tabman

The penny was about 4 inches deep if I recall, under a big old tree at the 1917 house site, the dime I found today was quite shallow, two inches perhaps beneath the plug, it gave a nice high tone that was clear and I thought it was going to be a clad dime by its sound. There is a lot of clad at this site, but some silver too as I found the other silver dime here as well.

As far as settings go, I pretty much run the detector at the same settings now all the time, disc is at the factory mark above iron, notch width is set as narrow as it will go with the notch switch off. The sensitivity was set just before the red zone and the threshold was at about 1:00 o'clock. I am finding nickels too, I can pretty much tell when I hit a nickel, although occasionally I am fooled and it is a piece of aluminum or a pull-tab, no matter, because I dig everything that gives off that lower mid tone sound or mixed lower/middle tones, hoping to find the gold.

Way to go on the silver, Indian head, and the $100 dollar mark! Looks like the Golden is working really well for you.

I will take that rose dime anyday, lots of clade in you spot WOW