Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Infinium Fresh Water Hunt with an asterisk - no laughing

Gord (Tecumseh)

Temp was 14 Celcius today (approx 58 F) so I headed to the local beach to try the Infinium for the first time in the water.

[attachment 178943 Infiniumwaterhunt.jpg]

Turned on the machine at the edge of the water, ground balanced it and stepped slowly into the water with my chest waders on, Within a minute, the first target, the nickel was in my scoop. Then the quarter and dime. Finally I hit a bad target, the beer cap. Then two more good ones, the Chuck E Cheese token and the twoonie. Next was the broken bracelet with glass stones. An hour had passed and I hadn't gotten one iron tone.

Then it happened. I looked down at the machine and particularly the discrimination dial. Imagine my surprise when I saw the dial set to the number 9. No wonder no iron or gold. Turning the dial down to the absolute minimum, I swung again. Bang - wire, bang - a toy wheel with an iron axle. Laughing at my stupidity, I headed to the shore and home. If the weather is good again tomorrow, I will head back, make sure the discrimination is set correctly and swing over the same area. Should be interesting. Wish me luck. No laughing.

HA yeh been there done that....good luck on next hunt!

Alan

Congrats on a successful hunt. Perhaps all new users should set their disc at 9 and hunt. :lol:

I have made chucky-cheese rings out of those tokens...