Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Keeper with the Deus 2

T-DUB

Got the D2 in late Thursday afternoon. Didn’t come with the coil screw, had to improvise in order to utilize. Spent 2.5 hours out with it Saturday afternoon at an old park. Part of a harmonica reed, a modern spoon, and the evil ones… pulltabs and beaver tails. That was ok, first time out, trying to figure out what it is telling me. Went out for 2.5 hours early evening tonight to a field permission that is partially open now, partiality harvested. The location is iron and trash riddled. Keepers don’t come up that often. Five minutes into the hunt, in/around substantial iron this ole girl chirped out nicely, solid 76. About 2 inches away in the low 70’s was part of a pocket watch gear. Both signals along with the iron were distinctive. Say what you want, could be many factors to why I hadn’t picked up the signal before countless and countless times over that spot with my other detector, just pleased to have this relic as my first keeper found with my new D2!

08AFCD6E-1A93-4C63-83C8-B3AB6B60CD79.jpeg
3E0D764D-9972-4C7A-93C5-9D95DA6F35F3.jpeg
1F66BC21-D986-4F48-B135-D7DA3F7316B6.jpeg
46058C79-4541-48D8-A3A5-995F24F565A3.jpeg
85867E8D-8E25-4F4D-8D50-666D7266002A.jpeg

Sweet find!!!

Nice general service T! Fun to learn new technology. I love the challenge.
HH Jeff
Will take a bit to pick up on the tonal difference of the coins, relics, and trash. Already hearing some this far. Etrac was nice with the Fe and Co on some of the questionable one to pass or dig. Noting pass or dig was dependent on where I was digging, yard, field, etc. In fields I am digging almost everything.

Good job T-DUB, I have never used a D1 or a D2, but I bet there is a learning curve to both!
Mi first XP product, and in my opinion, regardless of make, all will have a curve. Gotta get to know the detector, and figure out what it is telling you. Again my opinion. Thanks Larbear2.

The ability to find targets in an iron infested area by unmasking is the most important aspect to me. Weather it is the D2 or the new Manticore, this feature will open up the older hunted snd unhunted sites because they are literally paved in iron. I have consistently searched a field in Munich, Germany (where I found my gold coin) and literally I get 4 pings+ with each swing. I know there are probably good targets being masked by them, and it the D2 can ID them next to the old square nail, or bomb shrapnel, then I will find more targets

Cool button fit it's maiden voyage congrats, HHHank

Yeah man. Your gettin the sh$t.
Can't wait to see the treasurer's you find.
Sorry
The Red Red wines talking. LoL 😁😊
Hilarious, going tribal into the spirit world crossing the great river where beaver is plenty lol

Yeah man. Your gettin the sh$t.
Can't wait to see the treasurer's you find.
Sorry
The Red Red wines talking. LoL 😁😊
Tough location, not many finds come out of there. Location is a field, no till, meaning the soil doesn’t get turned up anymore. Soybean and corn are planted, alternating each year, when harvested the crops are picked higher up on the stalk/stems. Thus causing a challenge of getting an good swing on, and for the most part you are unable to grid the location, minimizing the angle / direction of detecting. BUT, is usually get 1-2 keepers per spring / fall in between planting and harvesting. Not great success % based of the amount of hours spent there, but the quality of the find makes up for that imo.

The ability to find targets in an iron infested area by unmasking is the most important aspect to me. Weather it is the D2 or the new Manticore, this feature will open up the older hunted snd unhunted sites because they are literally paved in iron. I have consistently searched a field in Munich, Germany (where I found my gold coin) and literally I get 4 pings+ with each swing. I know there are probably good targets being masked by them, and it the D2 can ID them next to the old square nail, or bomb shrapnel, then I will find more targets
Best to you to find and pull them out scab.

Nice find good luck I have not swung my Deus 2 since the spring river hunting with my Nox and killing it so its hard to switch but I will go over this spot with the Deus 2 see if I pull more out this spot is incredible!
Mark