Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First lake hunt with the new GT

BHNugget

Finally made it out to the lake with the new sovereign Sunday. Went to one end of the beach, started sweeping and hit four tabs a nickel in a small area. My next target was a super smooth low tone and before I scooped it, I was guessing a lead fishing weight. When I kicked the pile of sand from my scoop, my eyes about popped out, there layed a 14k gold ring with three diamonds. The ring was very well worn but all the stones were still in place. What a way to start the day! Later in the day I got two silver rings with gold leafs on them and one silver toe ring. The remaining seven hours were spent cleaning up pulltabs, aluminum shards, lead weights, rusty bottle caps, clad and the like. I fell in love with my sovereign and cant wait to do it again :detecting:

Great hunt and rings :thumbup: No better way to start using the GT, normally if i find a gold ring at the beginning of a hunt that means i already peaked out , sometimes lol , are you using a 180 meter if so what did it read on that 14k ? just curious . Jim HH

Nice way to start out.... looks like you are in the black on the Sov already. If you dont have it yet.... few things you need, Loop, acid, and diamond tester. If you are going to get in the jewelry business you will need them. Its disappointing, but sometimes the stones or even the markings just arent right. Good Luck next time out.

Dew

Jim, I have one of Rons meters but wasn't using it, I wanted to give my full attention to the tones and what was coming out of the ground with them. I took the ring to a jeweler today and he estimated that when new, it was probably an $1100-1300 ring. He also stated that the center diamond was one quarter carat and the side diamonds were #10 or 12s. Diamond terminology and value is completely foreign to me, so other than the spot value of the gold, I still don't really know what the diamonds are actually worth. The ring itself is fairly beat up, but Im not complaining, just want more time on the GT.