Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Land Find WIth SEF 10 x12

No detecting today for me...had an all day group motorcylce ride that was planned for a while. So I wanted to get out yesterday and try a quick land hunt with the GT and the SEF 10 x 12. The weather called for rain but I had a brief window of opportunity, so I went out to an old house site that has been hit 100's of times by many and gives up little these days. I only got in about 40 minutes before I got rained out.

The place is loaded with iron and not the best place normally for a large coil, but I was pleased with the way it hit good targets in proximity to iron. I was running at 12 noon and had to go slow to maintain threshold, but it wasn't bad at all. The very first target I got was a very nice sounding tone that gave a solid 173 on band 2, which I said to myself "if I didn't know better I would think this was a bullet". But although I have found many coins and a few buttons at this site, it's never been a CW bullet site. But darn if that isn't what it was, at every bit of 10" deep. Sounded like it was 4 inches at most...very strong hit. After that I had a few nice 180's that turned out to be junk...house parts. And a 154 that turned out to be a shotgun shell base. Nothing else good.

The meter...
[attachment 108711 SEFBullet1.jpg]

The target...
[attachment 108712 SEFBullet2.jpg]

Up close...
[attachment 108713 SEFBullet3.jpg]

Nope, not today...it was beautiful out. Rode about 250 miles through some awesome back roads, over a bunch of bridges and rivers, and some very scenic routes. Including the Colonial Parkway near Yorktown, all along the river and through a bunch of old battle sites. I have to say it beat digging up chunks of lead. :shrug:

Although I saw some sites I sure would have liked to metal detect! :lol: