Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First land hunt of 2018!

sasquache

This sunday(snow is gone finally here in Maine) im going to hit a old cellar hole i have been hunting for many years and insted of the stock 11inch fbs coil on my Awesome Safari im putting on my 13 inch Detech excellorator 2 coil hopefully it picks up some targets out of reach for the stock coil any help running this combo is much appreciated. Thank you

Hope the weather allows you to get out there. Looking forward to your review of the Xcel II coil....I'm currently weighing larger coils than the pro stock 11in coil (ruined mine 2 yrs ago ) and i need something able to run a little deeper than the detech sef 8 x 6 currently in use. As much as I love the 8x 6, I got really used to the feel and tid of the pro 11 inch. Just a little more depth for relic hunting in fields and woods.....HH

I will make a post about how it did im going to hit a old cellar area should find some deeper items.

Hello friends i want to let everyone know that the 13 inch excellerator 2 coil operated awesome at the old cellar hole . I was useing Coin/jewlery mode with manual sensativity 18 but i did notice a little falseing so i backed it down to 16 and that helped alot.The depth was amazing at least 2 inches more but unfortunately there wasnt any amazing finds from the area. So i left and stopped at a older ballfield and with in 10 minutes i had a signal vdi 39 high tone and Deep! I dug at least 10 to 12 inches down! And pulled out a 1826 large cent! Man was i excited to see that and that proved to me that the coil goes deeper or as deep as the stock fbs coil.

sasquache said:
This sunday(snow is gone finally here in Maine) im going to hit a old cellar hole i have been hunting for many years and insted of the stock 11inch fbs coil on my Awesome Safari im putting on my 13 inch Detech excellorator 2 coil hopefully it picks up some targets out of reach for the stock coil any help running this combo is much appreciated. Thank you

Sasquache, great to read your positive feedback on the xcel ll... Would be interesting to see how different the tid returned on familiar targets differ in comparison to pro 11 ". I know I've had to remap my brain since replacing the pro 11' with the detech sef 8x 6...I was surprised to see the LC read as high as 39 ...were you hunting in high trash mode ?

I was shocked myself on the 39 i was in coin/ jewlery plus in manual 16 on the sensitivity.