Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Legend Hunt

Dan(NM)

I took the Legend out to an old football field in town for the first hunt. I spent a couple of hours when I first got the machine getting familiar with the settings. It's a rather easy machine to learn once you go though the functions a few times. I ran Park mode Multi 1, 2 tones, manual GB, sens at 27, my tone break at 24, all metal, volume at 6, recovery at 3. The Legend ran very stable at Sens 27, it did chirp when I sat the machine down to dig, but, once the coil was flat on the ground it would settle down.

There was no doubt when I hit a target, the volume is more than loud enough at 6, actually too loud for me, so I dropped it down to 3. I don't think most users will have a problem with being able to hear when using the WHP. The headphones pair up almost immediately, turn the machine on, turn the phones on, go to bluetooth icon and hit it, it'll pair in a second or 2.

The VDI numbers are very stable compared to other Nokta machines I've used in the past. Nickles hit 26-27 down to 5", didn't dig any deeper today. Zincs were hitting from 38-42 depending on the condition, some were half eaten, they rang the lowest of course. Copper pennies hit from 44-48, some dimes hit 51, most times 47-48 quarters 51-53. Deepest coin was a solid 9" wheat, VDI's bounced 44-48, good tone from both directions. That hit really boosted my confidence in the machine, it could be a contender to my Nox for deep coin hunting. I'll take the Nox next time and compare signals in the ground, today I wanted to put some time on the Legend. I didn't dig anything outstanding, but, I was able to dig a good number of targets to get a feel for the machine.

I did notice some flexing in the shaft when it was extended too much, could be because of the middle shaft and the flexible armrest. Maybe a carbon fiber middle shaft would stiffen it up. The flexing may be more noticeable in the water, I'll find out later in the year when I take in the water.

I'm not a big fan of the tones, not terrible, just not as sharp as I'm use too. It could be the headphones, I have a Bluetooth receiver I'm going to try with some earbuds next time out and I'll try my Quest Bluetooth phones as well. I'll also play with the pitch to see if that helps, it's certainly not a deal breaker, just not the tones I'm used too.

I did have a couple of weird things happen. 3 times when I had to repair the headphones, I was getting sound though the phones and the speaker at the same time. I went thought pairing cycle again and that took care of it. One time the screen froze, I could not navigate the settings or make any adjustments. Turning the machine off and back on took care of that, but, it erased a couple of settings I made to my saved program. I like to run a faint threshold on my machines, on the Legend, it goes from to silent to somewhat loud with no in between. At 9, no sound, it kicks in at 10 which is too loud for me. Maybe an update could take care of that if it's a concern to other users. Also, it looks like the battery level was dropping faster than I expected, after 7 hours I was down to 2 bars. I doubt I could out last the battery, but, for others it could be a problem. I certainly will make sure I get into the habit of getting it on the charger after each hunt.

Overall, the Legend is a solid performing machine, easy to use and swing, very stable running. I bought it mainly for water hunting because my warranty expires this month on my Nox. I think it'll hang with my mighty 800, I need a few more hunts to see what it can really do.

Attachments

• Legend LLano School 3-14-2022 2.jpg
    Legend LLano School 3-14-2022 2.jpg
    617 KB · Views: 123
  • Legend Llano School 3-14-2022 1.jpg
    Legend Llano School 3-14-2022 1.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 119
  • Legend Llano School 3-14-2022 3.jpg
    Legend Llano School 3-14-2022 3.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 114
Very nice review Dan , glad to see someone take the time to make an actual write up versus the usual video. Lots of good info there(y)

Sweet. Your numbers (VDI) are pretty much in line with what I've been reading elsewhere.