Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Merc

MassSandman

I had the opportunity yesterday to hunt the lawns around a late 19th cty. house in Lowell, MA. THe good news is I found my first Mercury dime, a beat up, real thin 1917 and a wheatie cent 1957-D among a bunch of junk ncluding a toothed gear and a rusted out 1/4 inch socket. The bad news was all the nails! Why do they show up as silver on the XS? I never ran into too many nails at the beach but being pretty new to dirt diving digging these rusted nails and screws has me scratching my head. ANy suggestions about how I can better use my hunting time and try to avoid nails? (Yeah, go back to the beach, Sandman!) :) HH