Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First metal detector finds

CV777

So I bought a metal detector because I wanted a new hobby! This is what I found the first day. Any ideas?

Attachments

• B7FF02D0-72C9-4DF8-B589-E11432ED3A40.jpeg
    B7FF02D0-72C9-4DF8-B589-E11432ED3A40.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 146
Congratulations on the new and might I say GREAT hobby!
Those fired bullets don't look too old but old enough that they were in the ground and you were able to find them.
I hope you had fun and learned a little while you were at it.
Welcome to the one of the funnest hobbies on planet Earth!!

Neat finds, It's kind of interesting that you found a few different styles, no two were the same but they all look like the same caliber (at least from the photo). If you measure their diameter you could determine it for sure. They look like 38 (they'd measure 0.357 inch, or thereabouts) my guess would be 38 special. Were they all in a smaller area, maybe on a slope or hillside? Welcome to detecting, it is a really fun hobby and you're never sure just what you'll find. Happy Hunting!

Well they what looks like crimping grooves so possibly handloads, I almost would be more interested in the bullet weights tho. Could maybe help identify the caliber, say 38 Special vs 38 S&W or 38-55 etc. Fired bullets look like 158 gr so maybe moot point