Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Minelab

smithobx

After reading this forum for a couple of months, I decided to break a 20+ year green tradition and bought an explorer. I have read all I can find about the exp.II, but was woundering if there is a video anyone could recomend on the operation and setup of this detector? Also any web site recomendations would be helpful. The learning curve appears to be steep, but that should be half the fun. Have had it for a week now, and have only removed the manual from the box. I may actually feel confident enough to assemble it this weekend, and who knows ,I might even tun it on!!! Thanks for any help ----John OOPS! Maybe should have posted this on the class room forum, but will leave it here and hope for a response.

i took my explorer out and used it the day i got it,then read the manual.don't let the learning curve thing bother you,it will take some time but it's a great detector even when you don't know what you're doing.

Jim, I have done the same thing, use them right away, on all of the 8 or so detectors I have owned, BUT, the exII has so many possible combinations of settings that I decided to go slowly and understand the thing befor I use it. So far I have resisted the urge, but I have developed the shakes, cold sweats, and my wife says I'm grumpy. May be forced to use it this weekend to save my marrage. :lol:John On second thought, maybe a new sunray probe will get rid of the shakes!!

Smith - I am fairly new to the EX11. I have found it was much easier to understand the post if you are using the detector. Having had the DFX, the EX11 has very few settings. The post in the classroom section are very helpful. Good Luck

AK in KY

1) Hit the Iron Mask button
2) move the bottom left or right arrow to the degree you want iron disced out. Try about -12. As you move toward -16 it accepts more and more iron but that's o.k. with me. It retunes faster going from junk to good coin.

3) Hit Iron Mask button again to accept your settings.

4) Move up your Sens. Try to get it as high as possible to where the machine is still stable.
5) Ground adjust or balance.

If using smart screen, throw some coins on the ground and see where they hit on the screen andthe tone they give.

If digital see what numbers come up.

Keep it simple.

http://usetheminelabexplorerlikeapro.blogspot.com/

Focus on Chapter II. Access it by clicking on the earlier archives to the right of the page.

/bing

hey go to www.golddetect.com and use the 800 # an call an speak to Ron, i think he can school u on the phone>

Hh

coastwise

Joe

Thanks to all for the suggestions and comments--after reading the posts on this forum and the web sites you guys suggested, it is getting clearer. It will be interesting to see how the exp. II stacks up compared to my other detectors. Again, thanks for your help,and I will post how things are progressing, who knows, I might even make some finds to post with this thing. John