Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First outing of the year,with new 5.3 coil.

butch

The new coil works great.I done an area where I could not use the 12 inch coil,way to much trash.This baby done the job.
Butch in Newfoundland

Well done my friend, looks a good assortmant of coins....

Well done Buch.

I have preached the gospel about the benefits of using the 'smaller' coils on the V3, but you are one of the rare ones that obviously has seen the light.

Every park hunter in the USA or anywhere for that matter should learn the lesson.

Dump your big coils in favour of the smaller coils, like Shooter etc.

Sorts out the good stuff from adjacent trash.

Pin-points like sniper rifle.

Concentrates the Spectra's power by 200% per unit area, and homes in like a missile.

Lesser ground effect and reduced EMI pick-up.

Coverage..??????.....most guys don't detect efficiently....so learn to STOP and SEARCH....get more 'takers per acre'.

You can stand still, and it will deliver, then when you've done a couple of metres radius, then move on.

Most fellas miss more than they find...............TheMarshall

Get wise guys.....

[size=x-large]SMALL is better[/size]

my #1 preferred coil on the V3 or MXT or M6, just as the 5.3 BullsEye has been my favorite on the XLT, XL Pro, and Classic III SL, Classic ID and IDX Pro.

Yes, I know what the stock 10" DD can do, in the right locations and favorable conditions, but 95% of my detecting is done with a smaller-than-stock coil. When I want to use a larger coil for open-area/low-target searches, I've found the 950 to be the next favorite followed by the 12". These coils provide ample depth, target responsiveness, discrimination (especially in iron), and I experienced minimal problems with EMI than I did with the stock 10" DD coil (coils, actually, as I used three different 10" DD's).

Like TheMarshall said, smaller coils can usually be better, as well as working slower and more methodically. It's called "coil control!" Consistent coil-to-ground relationship, ample overlapping, and a proper sweep speed for the model used on, or settings used in the case of the V3.

Monte

I found that you can actually watch the Vdi's change as you slowly move around an area that has multiple targets and distinguish the difference among them,I've read the numbers and from what they were telling me it was dead on. I got three solid readings from a small patch,16 vdi,75 vdi and 87vdi. I plucked out part of a pull tab,a penny and a silver piece.All within 6 inches of each other.If you don't rush the machine,it will perform!

I'm picking up a v3 from kellyco this month. I was also going to purchase the 6x8 butterfly coil. anyone use this? and is the 5.3 coil a better choice?

dalonz said:
I'm picking up a v3 from kellyco this month. I was also going to purchase the 6x8 butterfly coil. anyone use this? and is the 5.3 coil a better choice?

I don't have the 6x8, but I love the 5.3.

Went out tonight with the 5.3 myself tonight. I'm really starting to love it. Went over the area with a D2 a week ago, then decided to see what I missed mixed in with the trash. Nothing to write home about, but there were a fair number of coins I had missed with the D2, I did learn that it really helps to slow..down, and be more thorough.

Had another chance this afternoon in an old woodlot. I used the 5.3 there, and the woodlot is very scrubby, and full of briars. The thing I liked the most about the smaller coil is it didn't tangle up much with the brush, and was really helpful in getting in close to the trees. I found a little 3 coin wheatie spill, and started getting excited thinking maybe I'd found a little silver with it, but alas..not this time. I found quite a few old shotgun shells just the brass left, and then I decided to start digging all the targets just to see what I was running across, so a bit of foil. Then I popped out what looked like a little buckshot pellet from about 5 inches down.
Now that actually impressed me with just how sensitive the V3 and the little coil can be.

I truly like the Eclipse 5.3 on my Vision. It really does the job for those trashy areas in the city. I switch back and forth from the 5.3 to the 10 DD for the rural areas that I hunt too.

TC-NM

I have not used my D2 stock coil since I bought the Super12. I find that the 12inch coil takes care of the deep stuff very well.

I finally got from KellyCO, a V rated Eclipse 5.3 and the 950 for my V3, obviously. I finally got out to my test garden yesterday evening to try out the 5.3. I set my garden up a year ago when I had a Gti 2500 as my main MD. As it turns out, I ended up barring some of my test coins in a trash area, that made finding them a real challenge. After I had figured out what I had done, i decided to leave it that way and would use this part of the garden to test both the selectivity and discrimination of program settings and coil performance. I also buried some of the coins, a penny and a dime at 10.5 inches on edge, that was on purpose to check sensitivity of MD, coils and program settings as well. Every coil to date with exception of the excelsor 5 inch had real difficulties seeing or separating out the dime from the trash and half the time I could not read the penny, this includes the D2, which worked sporadically but was hard to repeat. That is not the case with the 5.3, it separated out the trash from that dime and Penny every time from all angles. I only got to spend about 20 min with it on both TX boost and normal TX setting all three freq. and it performed with out a flaw. Checked the coil in the air with Recv gain set to 15 and TX boost with no overload, even down on the ground, with no overloads. This is a sweet Coil when coupled with the V3....