Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Outing with Impact

Sataro

Finally got a chance to take my Impact out for the first time. Recent rain yesterday so the digging was perfect.
Initial feelings on the Impact:
Well balanced, much heavier than the XP Deus that I have been using but did not really notice the weight. Very fast response time. Works well with Nokta's wireless headphones. Buddy was using the AT Max. We did notice a lot of interference between the two machines. Did not have time to search long but was well pleased with the performance of the Impact. Nothing old was found today but it did give me a chance to try out the Impact. Found clad pennies, nickel, dimes, & quarter. So I got a chance to see the readings & start recognizing what number coins came in at. We were searching this house for a lost wedding band. Did not find the wedding band but this did get us permission to hunt an old 1944 house site. So looking forward to trying this machine out some more soon at this old site.

Sataro said:
Finally got a chance to take my Impact out for the first time. Recent rain yesterday so the digging was perfect.
Glad you have an Impact, :thumbup: but sorry to hear about the rain. :thumbdown: That was three days ago and I hope you've had some weather improvements and time to get out with your new Impact.

Sataro said:
Initial feelings on the Impact:
Well balanced, much heavier than the XP Deus that I have been using but did not really notice the weight. Very fast response time. Works well with Nokta's wireless headphones.
I would say the Impact is 'heavier' and not 'much' heavier as there are many detectors that outweigh the Impact. I will agree, for sure, that the Impact doesn't feel like a heavy device, and the balance is very good and not fatiguing. As we are entering a colder fall season I am transitioning to my corded headphones more, but generally I wear the 2.4 Gig. wireless headphones, and yes, the Impact works well with them.

Sataro said:
Buddy was using the AT Max. We did notice a lot of interference between the two machines.
The AT MAX operating frequency is 13.6 kHz so that might have caused a bit of EMI ... if you were operating at 14 kHz. The Impact has a start-up design to be in 14 kHz, and that's just fine with me because I have enjoyed detectors that operate in the 10 kHz to 15 kHz frequency range since the late '70s.

However, when I turn on an Impact I quickly use the automated GB function, then I select the Expert menu, press the 'Up' arrow once and that puts me in Frequency adjust. Then when I get interference I can either move away from the source or quickly press 'Expert' then press the 'Right' arrow and on-the-fly it shifts to 20 kHz and the EMI is gone. Once away from any offending source I almost always shift back to 14 kHz ... unless I have determined I want to enjoy the benefits of 20 kHz for the site conditions and intended targets I am after.

Sataro said:
Did not have time to search long but was well pleased with the performance of the Impact. Nothing old was found today but it did give me a chance to try out the Impact. Found clad pennies, nickel, dimes, & quarter. So I got a chance to see the readings & start recognizing what number coins came in at. We were searching this house for a lost wedding band. Did not find the wedding band but this did get us permission to hunt an old 1944 house site. So looking forward to trying this machine out some more soon at this old site.
Let us know which search coil(s) you have and the settings you are using for the various sites you will be hunting. Best of success afield, and I hope you can enjoy some pleasant weather to get out searching in.

Monte

No just a handful of clad. He was disgusted with the clad. He was wanting to find some old so he could brag about that CTX besting my Impact.