Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First outing with Manticore

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Spent some time yesterday going over the machine to get familiarized but got out for a real hunt at a racetrack/picnic grove. Everybody and their dog have pounded this site for years me included. Last couple years you would be lucky to find a coin per trip. I will be honest the first hour was slow getting used to everything. The dime and V nickel were a coin spill in the same hole with the big iron key object. I felt like it was a spill from the response, should have taken a picture but it was very cold. The Manticore nailed it.
Indians were reading 55 to 62
the dime was the 83 reading
Low 20's on the nickel
20's on the temp with 30 mph winds
All terrain General
Sens 29
GB 30's
HH Jeff

Attachments

• 20221215_155736.jpg
    20221215_155736.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 122
  • 20221215_144438.jpg
    20221215_144438.jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 20221215_144500.jpg
    20221215_144500.jpg
    979.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 20221215_145009.jpg
    20221215_145009.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
Spent some time yesterday going over the machine to get familiarized but got out for a real hunt at a racetrack/picnic grove. Everybody and their dog have pounded this site for years me included. Last couple years you would be lucky to find a coin per trip. I will be honest the first hour was slow getting used to everything. The dime and V nickel were a coin spill in the same hole with the big iron key object. I felt like it was a spill from the response, should have taken a picture but it was very cold. The Manticore nailed it.
Low 20's on the nickel
All terrain General
Sens 29
GB 30's
HH Jeff
Nice ! As I said If there is a new detector that finds treasure, we all will hear it.... nice post and hunt with the manticore.

Low 20's on the nickel
All terrain General
Sens 29
GB 30's
HH Jeff
Pretty amazing and very similar VDI numbers to my Old whites blue box eagle II I used many, many yrs ago... no doubt, if it was a 20 or 21.... 98 out of 100 times you better be looking for that nickel in the hole or plug. I personally think the expanded numbers are a huge benefit

Mark ( ohio ).

Cant believe that many people could miss a Barber dime! You had to have hit it that magic 1 degree angle outta 360 window, good job!!!

Awesome! Snowing hard up here Jeff! Good research weather! So what is your opinion of it this early in the game?:D
Snowed on me as well Ted, the wind was the worst. Some of the targets seamed easy others were complex. Way too early to say, but I did have a good hunt.

Pretty amazing and very similar VDI numbers to my Old whites blue box eagle II I used many, many yrs ago... no doubt, if it was a 20 or 21.... 98 out of 100 times you better be looking for that nickel in the hole or plug. I personally think the expanded numbers are a huge benefit

Mark ( ohio ).
Thanks Mark, I swung whites back in the day as well.

Well Done on your first outing and hunt with the Manticore. Congrat's. It will only get better in time as you become one with your new detector.

I find it interesting that it seems to separate similar sized copper and silver in its ID reading. In Park 1 on the Nox 600, I cannot distinguish between a copper penny and a silver dime.

I find it interesting that it seems to separate similar sized copper and silver in its ID reading. In Park 1 on the Nox 600, I cannot distinguish between a copper penny and a silver dime.
Indians read lower than any other cent with the exception of fatties and flying Eagle which read even lower. I was surprised with the range on the Indians but thinking back they had a spread on the Equinox as well so I shouldn't be. The 100 spread on the ID should help distinguish targets.

Indians read lower than any other cent with the exception of fatties and flying Eagle which read even lower. I was surprised with the range on the Indians but thinking back they had a spread on the Equinox as well so I shouldn't be. The 100 spread on the ID should help distinguish targets.
If you thinks it reads low check out the Whites dfx reading on a IH in 3khz raw...went from -95 to +95... dfx came out in 2001.
See the coin id of a 36..... Now That is a COIN SPREAD !
dfx.gif