Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Outing with the G2+

duggr

Had Just a little bit to try out the G2 for the First time today!
[video]https://youtu.be/qMYgR0QsuJ4[/video]

Nice machine isn't it buddy? I love mine. It's put lots of relics & coins in my collection. HH

Digger70pa said:
Nice machine isn't it buddy? I love mine. It's put lots of relics & coins in my collection. HH

Yes it is! Pretty quiet too even at Maximum Sensitivity setting. My ground balance was running 57-59 with
two bars showing so pretty mild Soil...This detector will be a Great Field and Iron Hunter...

Anyone ever figure out what those caps are from? I have dug them in only 2 spots. A park next to an old RR Depot and believe it or not the site of an Brothel.

Tom

Jackpine Savage said:
Anyone ever figure out what those caps are from? I have dug them in only 2 spots. A park next to an old RR Depot and believe it or not the site of an Brothel.

Tom

Someone told me that they were wine Bottle stoppers. I guess they fit inside a cork or something like that. I dug
several old water bottles there. They could have been for them as well.
Best place I ever hunted to. I dug Eleven Seated dimes there in 2015. Prior to that I dug a half dime back in 1985.
I'm betting the G2 + will bring out more low conductors! Maybe a Gold Coin..Maybe that's just wishful thinking but it
wouldn't surprise me if it happens as I dug some nice silver there.

[size=x-large]Here's a Nice Barber Dime that I dug there, came out of the ground with "Mint Luster" still on it after over a Centuary in the ground[/size]

Lovely finds and that Barber is very nice. I dug a 1901 with almost full luster in the woods. It wasn't deep at all just an inch or so under the leaf mold in nice sandy well drained soil.

A friend and I dug quite a few Barbers from the old RRWY Park I mentioned but I don't recall any seated out of there which was surprising given the age.

Tom

11 seated in on year,amazing!

supertraq said:
11 seated in on year,amazing!
[size=x-large]The slick 1891 was given to a friend thats why it's notincluded in the group photo[/size]

duggr

The cap you found in the video are just like the one I have found. I had a suspicion based on where I found them and the time period of other items found. that it may have been from a drug that was legal at the time.

Laudanum, sold as a patent medicine until regulated some what in the early 1900's. Could it have been a metal cap that covered the cork?

[/url][/img]

Jackpine Savage said:
duggr

The cap you found in the video are just like the one I have found. I had a suspicion based on where I found them and the time period of other items found. that it may have been from a drug that was legal at the time.

Laudanum, sold as a patent medicine until regulated some what in the early 1900's. Could it have been a metal cap that covered the cork?

[/url][/img]

JPS
I was told that the metal caps were for wine bottles that were installed upside down inside a cork to seal it....Thats all I know or have heard