Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Post and some interesting finds

RT

Been following this forum since around 2007 and I have literally studied its content. My goal was not to look for new places to hunt but to hunt the same place over and over again and increase my skill and my finds. The place is a fairground which dates back to 1871 and covers about 15 acres. Its still active today and hosts numerous functions each year so current finds are endless. When I started detecting in 2001, being located only a half mile from my house, I would go if even for a half hour to try my luck. Being told numerous times how many detectors have pounded that site my DFX produced enough to keep going back. In 2003 I bought a Minelab Exp ll and my finds increased especially old silver. In 2007 I updated to an SE but not the Pro. Then I found this site I realized that was a mistake so I changed to a 10 x 12 SEF because of the positive reviews. It was like a new machine and I realized how valuable this site really was. Next came the X-1 Probe, then the Pro Gold head phones, RNB battery and Garret pin pointer. Yes I use both pin pointers and couldn't imagine giving one up. I learned to trust this site and the members who are so willing to help others and I've never been sorry. My latest change was to the Detech Ultimate 13 coil and I couldn't be more satisfied with its performance. Now I want to thank all the members of this forum for the programs, hunting tips, equipment reviews and combined knowledge which I credit to my ability make some great finds. I have read and studied this forum so much that I feel like every time I go detecting I'm taking all of you with me. I have been blessed with a positive attitude and an unbelievable amount of patience but knowledge is something that is shared from those generous enough to give. So let me tell you about some of the finds WE made. The best is between a beautiful 1857 seated quarter and a 1772 half reale also 1874 seated dime love token a 17?? George Half Penny, and a 14k locket. Also 1891 seated dime, 5 barber dimes, about 20 mercs one being a 1916s, 5 rosies, 2 Canadian silver dimes and some sterling jewelry. Will try to get more pics in future with details on each find. Till then thanks again from the bottom of my heart and God Bless.

RT, it is so good to hear such positive thoughts and comments.

I too enjoy the folks on this forum as well, they are the best around the net for sure!

RT....GREAT post with the progression timeline and equipment list! You and I have many of the same pieces of equipment,and they are really a joy to use!
You did something that SOME people have done,but others have shyed away from,and that is picking a site that in your mind MUST have good old coins and you LEARNED how to find them. You could NOT have approached that in a better way,IMHO. By sheer mathematical odds,the coins HAVE to be there,so you went and found a way to recover those coins that others,for whatever reason,could not. My hat is off to you for not only being successful,but for believing the information that you found. I’ve learned SO much from the forums I couldn’t possibly begin to repay the debt.
You have MANY more fabulous recoveries to make there,and to have it be so close to home....it’s the perfect site. Well developed skills,tenacity and great equipment will ALWAYS be a winning combination.

Thanks BigTony, Steve and IDX for your response. Having trouble with my computer loading pics so I had the kid that lives next door over to fix my problem. Will try to get some pics and details on some of our finds soon as I can. The test pic shows the George II Half penny, seated quarter and dime, the 1772 half reale and gold locket. All but the half reale were down over 10 inches of top soil plus the grass which was quite long and made dozens of passes over the same ground with different settings and very dry ground as all came after late August. Still hard to believe how deep this machine can detect in the right conditions. Went back out last Fri. as snow all melted and it got up to 68 degrees. Got a 00 28 solid signal down at the bottom of the depth meter from every direction. Pin point said small object but I could only get down about 6" as ground was frozen solid and I needed to move a large rock and there was just no way. Now I find myself wondering if frozen ground could enhance the signal or is it junk. You guys can bet when the ground thaws that's the first hole I dig. Thanks again

Some pretty good finds you have there! I can't wait for warmer days this coming spring! Good luck to you!