Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First post in a couple of years

Dan-MO

Hello all, Some of you may remember me as I was once a regular on several of the finds forums. I have spent the last couple of years devoting most of my available time in spreading the word to the best of my ability of our Lord and savior and soon coming king Jesus Christ. In that time ....Praise God! I have seen my entire family give there hearts and lives to Jesus. I have been given a ministry of Christian writing - poems, stories, and songs that Glorify our Lord and Savior. I have been given a gift that took me a while to understand but I give all the credit and glory to my Lord Jesus Christ. Without him I am nothing...It has been my humble honor to sow seeds of salvation and see many give there lives to the Lord. This morning my only daughter sent me the following.....her first attempt at writing for Jesus and it truly blessed me. I hope it does the same for you.

We have been blessed with an abundance of blackberries this summer. Over the past couple of weeks every other evening or so, I get my empty plastic bag and head over to the side of our yard behind the shed where the blackberry vines thrive, usually followed by the dogs, at least one or two cats, and many times a child or two. So far I’ve picked several quarts of blackberries, but I have also found something else in that tangled mass of thorns and vines, God is in those vines.

With the sun beating down, the mosquitoes biting, sweat dripping and more often than not, a few drops of blood spilling as I get tangled up in the briers, God has shown me a lot about this world. As I reach through the briers, knowing I will shed blood to get to the berries ripe for picking, I am reminded of the blood Jesus shed for us. Searching for ripe berries I notice there are some berries that have been on the vine too long, out in the world too long, they have died on the vine, dried up and withered away, their life wasted. There are other berries that are small, still bright red, not yet ready to be chosen, they still have some time needed in the hot sun to mature before they will be ready to be taken, there are still others that are tiny, white, just starting out on the vine, they may or may not make it to be mature, ripe berries. And then there are the berries I’m looking for, dark in color, full of flavor, and just right to be added to my collection. As I reach through and pick those berries I think about how God chooses us. I would like to be able to get all the berries, so none go to waste, but some get so tangled up in the thorns and briers, that even though I’m reaching for them, I just can’t quite get to them, then will wither up on the vine. Some people get so tangled up in the things of this world, that even though God is always reaching for them, even shedding blood for them, they still never make it. The world gets them. They eventually withered up and die. Yet still every time I’m out there, I reach for those berries, even though I know I will shed blood in the thorns, I’m still so happy when I can get a hand full that seemed just out of reach. God is constantly reaching for us, even when we are so tangled up in the thorns and briers we seem out of reach. There He is, blood stained hand outstretched, reaching for us.

After I get all the berries I can reach, I bring my bag in and dump them out on the counter, the berries are never perfect, some have scars and blemishes from being out on the vine, out in the world, there are tiny bugs, bits of leaves and dirt that need to be removed before I can us the berries for the purpose they are intended. I don’t throw away the berries that aren’t perfect, I remove the impurities and make them clean. This is what God does for us, he takes us as we are, blemishes and dirt and all, He cleanses us and uses us for a greater purpose than we could ever achieve on our own. He doesn’t ever let anyone that is willing to be reached wither and die on the vine.

So tomorrow, I will be back out in the blackberries, reaching for the ones that weren’t ready yesterday, but may be today. Hoping not to waste any, hoping to get every last one. Sadly, some will not be reached, some will not be ready, some will be so tangled up they will wither and die. But some will be just right for picking, and I will add those to the ones I already have and make something wonderful with them.

Great writing, glad you shared it with us.

Welcome back Dan and your daughter is going to be a writer like you and serve Jesus well! Loved her story and is based on the truth of the Bible by bringing out clearly what Jesus did by dying for our salvation and those who stay out in the world too long and don't listen to God's Holy Spirit calling will wither and die because of the sins they bear and have not been forgiven for by our Lord Jesus Christ! God Bless and may you both keep serving our precious Lord and Almighty God! Congrats on your family being saved and serving the Lord now! Ma

Welcome back. That is a great story and it is so true. I have never heard blackberries used for God like tht but I really like it. Thanks for sharing.