Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First real day out with the GT

ikon

nice sunny day almost in the 60"s and my partner and myself hit a big old park. i ran the Gt in auto sens. disc. counterclockwise, disc. on , fix. i find i can pinpoint in disc. mode being i pretty much can do that with the explorer but being i got the pinpoint button right there i just seemed easy with the GT to pinpoint in just disc. mode. dug a ton of screw caps but after a while i caught on to their tone. i also dug some nice pull tabs that were hitting the same as the 4 nickles i found plus a buffalo that i got at 7 inches. also got a few clad quarters and pennys but this was just my real first time out. i felt it ran super smooth. i think by June ill know this machine real well.i was using an 8 inch coil and the sunray probe was killer. Les found a nice silver ring and some kind of foreign coin.
stan pa.

Good to hear Stan that you got out with the GT.I do see one thing on your setting and that is you put down fixed and you have disc on too. If in disc the fixed it disabled as it is only on when you are in the all metal mode. It don't make any difference what it is in being you are running the disc, but I like to leave the switch in the pinpoint mode so if you ever need to use the pinpoint you wont have to switch it to pinpoint and the disc to all metal, you can just switch from disc to all metal and you will be in pinpoint.
I think you will have fun with this GT after you have used it a little more, it is quite the detector.

Good Luck Stan and keep the finds coming.

Rick

ok next time out ill flip into pinpoint and go with that Rick. i got all the time now to get through this learning curve.

thanks,

stan pa.

n/t