Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First real hunt....

BarberDan

I took the Deus out for the first time tonight. I hunted for about 2hrs at a local school. Let's just say I hadn't read the manual....only thing I've read has been on here. I hunted in Basic 1 with whatever the stock settings are. I dug a couple of whole cans, and bottle caps. I'm not entirely sure of all the tones...but they sound amazingly similar...lol. It's going to take a while to train my ears, as they are on E-Trac frequency. I did finish the two hour hunt with 5 quarters 6 dimes, 2 nickels, and 12 pennies. Not too bad...I wasn't expecting to find anything old or earth shattering...just wanted a target rich environment, so I'd have some signals to chase......now I guess I need to read the manual so i know what the hell I'm doing...lol. I was able to tell right off not to dig those buzzing sounds, but I'll be danged if the cans don't make the same "clipped" sound as coins do.

That's the best thing to do, get out n test drive it. It gets better each time out. Not a bad first hunt.

Yeah...I forced myself to leave the ETrac at home...lol. It was tough to do.

I got out with my Deus for the first time this morning and I think I am going to get really
attached to this detector.It is an awesome machine.I didn't find anything old but I was
amazed at the depth it was picking new coins at and surrounded by junk. Gary