Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First relic hunt

Ronstar

Took the Legend camping this week. The campground was an active logging camp back in the 20-40s (roughly).

Tried Field mode in F on M2 just to play around. Tons (literally) of old tin can in the one end of the bid meadow so thinking trash dump. Last year the F75 found an busted up pocket watch and some other interesting trash. Before that the F5 found a 1924 wheat and the mans ring I use as my avatar.

Spent probably four hours zigzagging the meadow edge and dug a couple chunks of cast iron stove pieces (both maybe 5x5”) that rang up as 50 and ferrous. Then I got an odd 48 non ferrous that sounded like maybe 2-3 separate items so ya know ya have to dig that! 5” deep I pull out a rusty old piece of tin like material. I could see a couple larger numbers and something on the bottom. I managed to pretty decently clean it off and realized I had a partial license plate!
Idaho 1929.

Attachments

• 5C0D2FB9-4836-432F-B49B-C2AA741BD343.jpeg
    5C0D2FB9-4836-432F-B49B-C2AA741BD343.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 75
Took the Legend camping this week. The campground was an active logging camp back in the 20-40s (roughly).

Tried Field mode in F on M2 just to play around. Tons (literally) of old tin can in the one end of the bid meadow so thinking trash dump. Last year the F75 found an busted up pocket watch and some other interesting trash. Before that the F5 found a 1924 wheat and the mans ring I use as my avatar.

Spent probably four hours zigzagging the meadow edge and dug a couple chunks of cast iron stove pieces (both maybe 5x5”) that rang up as 50 and ferrous. Then I got an odd 48 non ferrous that sounded like maybe 2-3 separate items so ya know ya have to dig that! 5” deep I pull out a rusty old piece of tin like material. I could see a couple larger numbers and something on the bottom. I managed to pretty decently clean it off and realized I had a partial license plate!
Idaho 1929.
Cool find. Sad it's not intact.

You just never know what you will find. M1, M3 & the Beach Multis will tame the flat tin pretty well. The Ferro Check really helps too.
Glad you got to have a change of pace hunt.

Idaho 1929.
Very cool find i found out here in Southern California from the 1920's. They are cool to find.