Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First relic

Could have been silver down that deep, that's about the depth silver is hiding now. Last year I found a silver barber 1/2 dollar down in the 8" range. Did you notice the sound is different on deep coins verses shallow coins, they sound faint not loud.

Sure did, I hate to admit but I gave up a a 90-92 signal today at 18”. And the Pinpointer was still not reading it. But it was very faint.

You better get a back hoe, you maybe left a cannon ball? :big grin: I don't recall ever seeing a 18" reading on my 75's. 13" a few times. On my 75 if the depth indicator shows 10" the coin size target is usually around 7-8" deep. None the less, the 75's are deep. Nice token and have fun! HH jim th

jim tn said:
You better get a back hoe, you maybe left a cannon ball? :big grin: I don't recall ever seeing a 18" reading on my 75's. 13" a few times. On my 75 if the depth indicator shows 10" the coin size target is usually around 7-8" deep. None the less, the 75's are deep. Nice token and have fun! HH jim th
the ground at this place Ground balanced at 81 grab and manual. The 75 was acting a little funny. And it was very trashy. The hole was that deep,

Piedmontartifacts said:
Sure did, I hate to admit but I gave up a a 90-92 signal today at 18”. And the Pinpointer was still not reading it. But it was very faint.
If I was a betting man I'd bet your target was off to one side of the hole laying sideways giving you a false pinpoint. I'd recommend going back in that spot and try digging off to the sides of the original hole and see what happens.

Something big down there. If it's a remote type relic site, maybe a shovel is needed. You have my curiosity beeping good right now. HH jim tn

This is a very remote site, old log cabin-farm and I will going back with a full size shovel. I was marking the target directly over my hole but next time I will widen it. This site dates back to 1800s so there has to be a coin somewhere. Around the home it was VERY trashy but there is a 1acre garden spot that I didn’t explore at all.

Maybe it's an old license plate.:)------I dug one half way to China once in a place similar to the one you are describing.-----Those old license plates are fun to find, pieces of history they are to!-------Let us know what it is if you ever get it out of there--we're curious.---------Del
Piedmontartifacts said:
This is a very remote site, old log cabin-farm and I will going back with a full size shovel. I was marking the target directly over my hole but next time I will widen it. This site dates back to 1800s so there has to be a coin somewhere. Around the home it was VERY trashy but there is a 1acre garden spot that I didn’t explore at all.

D&P-OR said:
Maybe it's an old license plate.:)------I dug one half way to China once in a place similar to the one you are describing.-----Those old license plates are fun to find, pieces of history they are to!-------Let us know what it is if you ever get it out of there--we're curious.---------Del
I stil have not been back it’s been very hot and humid. It’s still on my radar. Lol